Technological progress: better hearing than normal hearing

If people want to choose the hearing way of life, fine but to belittle ASL, Deaf schools or Deaf culture? I wont stay quiet about it and if that is what you are hoping for, BG, you got the wrong person.

That is unacceptable in my book.

If people want to choose the hearing way of life, fine but to belittle ASL, Deaf schools or Deaf culture? I wont stay quiet about it and if that is what you are hoping for, BG, you got the wrong person.

Not gonna make anyone pipe down with her ways. She did not tell ME to calm down, and I am agitated.

Obviously she went for the what she saw as the weak person to pick on.

BeachGirl.... You're bordering on flaming. I'd be quiet now if I were you.

You are making assumptions regarding something you know nothing about.

Shel has a mother. If she needs motherly advice, she knows where to turn. Your paternalistic attitude is offensive.

Thank you...

When Deaf people speak up, hearing people tend to tell them that they are being unreasonable, miserable, eating hemp brownies and so forth...

yea...I see the pattern.

Not at all, the normal avatar is on the right. See two completely different person. No idea why that would be.

Yeah, I see that he swapped them around. But you're right -- they're 2 completely different people in the pictures. Oh I know !!!!!!!!!

Thank you...

When Deaf people speak up, hearing people tend to tell them that they are being unreasonable, miserable, eating hemp brownies and so forth...

yea...I see the pattern.

When people say that to me re Deaf issues, it goes over with me like a lead balloon. :P

over and over.

Like we have no mind of our own. Screw that.

If Rick is so happy having raising his daughter as oral only with no exposure to ASL, fine but to tell us that we are wrong for our views because we value ASL...that's another story.

BG, it goes waaay back 5 years. We know this dude's agenda.

You are making yourself miserable for no reason. No one is disrespecting you. No one is disrespecting your life choices.

This is "All" deaf. Wide range of choices here, and different opinions. It doesn't mean anyone is attacking you because they made a different choice than you would.

You are on very thin ice with this statement. I understand what you're trying to say and it's not applicable here, like what everyone is trying to tell you. I feel the term "audism" tends to get flung around too much. Not with rick48. As someone else said, you have no understanding of the history of this poster. Please, just stop.

Actually that is incorrect, SSI does not directly provide undergrad or grad students with tuition. Tuition can be obtained in most cases through VR which is state mandated. SSI after age 21 is based on income earned in each calendar and will gradually phase out after approximately $1500-2000 is earned in a month.

oh, that is your interpretation. ok.

Back