T-Coil Earhooks

Ausrider

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just recieved a new set of NOiZFREE tcoil earhooks and the build quality feels like its taken a big drop, the plastic coating on the wires feels like wayyy too soft unlike my previous set. I was just wondering of anyone else had a set and noticed this too.

TecEar did redesign the earhooks recently. I got a new MusicLink a couple weeks back to replace the old one that went on the fritz. I don't really have any issues, I think I like that the earhook is smaller. I don't really have any complaints with the redesign so far.

I find that I have to get my musiclink earhooks in exactly the right position against my HAs, otherwise I can hardly hear anything. I've even tried sticking them on my HAs with bluetack!

I prefer to use DAI, but now there's a problem with one of the wires on that, so I'm still trying to find the best way to listen to my IPod etc. I'd like to try a streamer but the NHS won't give me new HAs unless my present ones break.

Does any one else have these problems?

Hello, I'm thinking about buying a pair of T-Coil Ear Hooks for using with my mp3 player when working out. If you have a pair of ear hooks, have you had any trouble with them during working out - for instance breaking or shorting out because of sweat?

Thanks!

The problem i always had is the wires breaking, both music link and noizfree seem to have issues in that area from my experance, I ordered the earhooks and neckloop so i will see the neckloops are actually any good.

I find that I have to get my musiclink earhooks in exactly the right position against my HAs, otherwise I can hardly hear anything. I've even tried sticking them on my HAs with bluetack!

I prefer to use DAI, but now there's a problem with one of the wires on that, so I'm still trying to find the best way to listen to my IPod etc. I'd like to try a streamer but the NHS won't give me new HAs unless my present ones break.

Does any one else have these problems?

Depending on the hearing aids you use, it might be worth trying a different brand as the hooks are different sizes, the music link worked well when i had smaller aids but now with the naidas the noizfree are a great size.

Hello, I'm thinking about buying a pair of T-Coil Ear Hooks for using with my mp3 player when working out. If you have a pair of ear hooks, have you had any trouble with them during working out - for instance breaking or shorting out because of sweat?

Thanks!

The only sweat issues i have had is with the hearing aids themselves, they are completely sealed so unless you store them in a bucket of water you should be ok to go to the gym.

The only sweat issues i have had is with the hearing aids themselves, they are completely sealed so unless you store them in a bucket of water you should be ok to go to the gym.

So you don't think the wires will break if I use them at the gym or while running?

So you don't think the wires will break if I use them at the gym or while running?

I had problems with the wires as i used them with my motorbike helmet which i have now found out they dont seem to like. Going to the gym should be ok, i have used them at the gym for ages and i never had any issues.

Thanks. Do you recommend NoiZfree over Music Link? I'm trying to determine which one to get.

Well as someone posted before that music link have redesigned their product so its a bit hard for me to say which I think is better, keep in mind to when deciding that noizfree has bigger hooks that suit bigger aids.

To help prevent the wire from getting caught on things, try putting the wire on under your shirt so it's not flopping around. When I use the MusicLink with the wire on the outside of my shirt, I would frequently sit on the wiring, wire gets caught by the arm of my chair/etc., blah blah AHHHH! But when the wire is under my shirt it's far less likely to get caught on things. Just throwing this out there (for those who get the MusicLink, NoizFree's wiring is coiled).

I've been happy with both NoizFree and MusicLink. Just the wiring on the Musiclink gets a bit annoying sometimes. Both work well and get the job done.

There is also a more expensive alternative, called the Hatis Epic telecoil earhooks (you can find these at Harris Communication, but about $100 for a single, and I think about $110 or so for dual). Hatis ear hooks are bigger, more like the size of a hearing aid (but still thin). Hatis has waaaaaaaaaay more wiring with their product than TecEar does though. http://www.harriscomm.com/index.php/hat-epic.html

Back