Switching Implant Processors to Espirit 3G - Advice please

Seibo21

Reaction score
So I used to wear an old Nucleus 24 Implant since 2001. It finally went kaput on me this weekend and I am now forced to wear my new Espirit 3G that I bought a few years back as a backup. The Nucleus 24 or whatever is obsolete so no chance of fixing it and I heard things so great with that.

Anyone else use the 3G??? Everything sounds weird/different now and it kind of sucks. I am guessing this is normal when switching processors and hopefully I will relearn everything again and it will all sound better, right?

It is really stressing me out.

I recently made the switch from the 3G to the freedom. I'm a creature of habit and was comfortable with the 3G so the freedom took some getting adjusted to. Basically time and perseverance are key. It is true that you have to give yourself time to become accustomed to the new processor, but it sounds as if a mapping or two is also warranted. In my case it'd been a couple of years since I'd had the 3g adjusted and with the freedom, I needed an entirely new mapping. The fourth time was the charm. :) Best of luck to you!

Back