Surgery Date.

darkangel8603

Reaction score
I got some information about getting cochlear implants. I am going to go in for surgery on Nov 15th. That is about a month and a half away from now. Yikes.
:)

ALLRIGHT!!!!! Are you getting it in your worse ear or your better hearing ear?

in my better ear. I dont understand why? I think they should do it on my worse ear, so that i can keep my better ear's hearing. you know what i mean? Oh well, at least i can still hear from my right ear in case the ci doesnt work in my left. Heh.

Yeah that is weird, but your hearing loss in your left ear is progressive then maybe they won't do it incase it stops working :dunno: Either way congrats!!!

darkangel8603 said:
I got some information about getting cochlear implants. I am going to go in for surgery on Nov 15th. That is about a month and a half away from now. Yikes.

Congratulations, DarkAngel! :) :thumb:

Good luck with the surgery...time will fly by fast! :)

I went to see my primary doctor for referal me to get CI. He THINKS I may get one on good right ear because on my left ear ("dead"), nerves may be not good. So wait and see what CT will show.

That is weird......do you have any say in where you get it? I mean, if you have quite a bit of benifit from hearing aid in your better ear, then post suergery you could wear an aid in that ear.....

darkangel8603 said:
...I am going to go in for surgery on Nov 15th. That is about a month and a half away from now. Yikes.

Congratulations! It will come and go quickly...

deafdyke said:
That is weird......do you have any say in where you get it? I mean, if you have quite a bit of benifit from hearing aid in your better ear, then post suergery you could wear an aid in that ear.....

That is a good question. It is my understanding that they sometimes give you the option which ear depending on the circumstances. It may be that in DA case, they felt that the better ear was the one with the better chance.

Good Luck with your surgery,
Hugs,
Leah

That is a good question. It is my understanding that they sometimes give you the option which ear depending on the circumstances. It may be that in DA case, they felt that the better ear was the one with the better chance.[/QUOTE]

darkangel8603 said:

darkangel,

Congratulations!! :) Here's wishing you a successful surgery and smooth recovery. I'm sure all will go well. :) Please let us know how you're doing when you feel up to posting! :)

Congratulations and good luck DarkAngel!! :applause:

Best wishes, Darkangel. I know some people who have a CI in one ear and wear a HA in the other......

:wave: DarkAngel!!! I wish you the best of luck on your surgery. Keep us posted as to things are going after the surgery. God Bless!!!

I got mine done on the worse ear -- have had the CI for almost 5 years and am loving it -- it helps a lot in assisting me in lipreading and catching what is being said to me. Of course, it's not 100%...at least it helps me get integerated into the hearing community better.

Good luck with surgery. Hope it'll exceed your expectation, eventually.
It won't be long now, eh. :)

Good luck with your surgery Darkangel. John just got his on Oct. 18th and is doing good.

Back