Sunspots/solar storm

flyingace

Reaction score
I read a story in the newspaper this morning about solar storms and sunspots that might cause interference in communications in the near future: Spaceweather.com -- NOAA Predicts Solar Cycle 24

I'll have to remember this if I have problems with the Internet-I bet people will think their computers or cell phones or BlackBerries are at fault.

I read a story in the newspaper this morning about solar storms and sunspots that might cause interference in communications in the near future: Spaceweather.com -- NOAA Predicts Solar Cycle 24

I'll have to remember this if I have problems with the Internet-I bet people will think their computers or cell phones or BlackBerries are at fault.

Is that all you're worried about?

Guess you're not afraid of what solar storms and sunspots will bring!

Oh, and btw...Blackberries suck. I hate their crappy tiny qwerty keyboards. I want the G1 instead. G2 has no physical keyboard.

With all the crap in the airwaves. I think it is a combination of both.

Is that all you're worried about?

I'm not worried. What happens will happen, and I can't do anything to change it or prevent it. It's pointless to get worked up over something that may or may not have a huge impact.

I wonder if they make 2000 SPF sunscreen? :hmm:

Sunspot alway wrecks earth's weather. Every 11th year, I notice storm are much worst than previous. We tend to have more tornadoes in Midwest (USA) during Sunspot. I can't help noticing it.

The power line can get zapped by Solar storm. Happens to Canada that it blew large transformers. Many utility companies around the world have to keep eye on it and shut it off when solar storm hits the earth. It's imperfect, they can mis-predict Solar storm.

Catty

Back