sunscreens

The women are so happy that they do not need the cover and the mask. They felt so free. I wish that your country's law should be flexible and friendly whatever all women have the right to choose. That's unfair even it is very hot in the summer. I learned that (if I'm right) women must cover their hair. It is just like a pubic hair. That one I do not understand. If they are not wearing it, it means that they are single.

I live in the us. I'm iraqi-american. Nobody is forcing me to do anything, nor do I feel I'm being controlled or restricted in any way. It's between me and God. I don't believe in hijab being an obligation imposed by a country, but I recognise it as a religious obligation and observe it. For me, it's just as much as a freedom to not have men treat me as an object. It's a line that makes me think about every way I behave- my actions are read not just as mine, but often as that of the muslim community.

--

Also, pubic hair is not the same as hair on your head.

Men cannot show that area of the body, either. Women can show their arms, legs, and -hair- in front of male family members and other women, also young children.

The headscarf isn't a symbol of being married or unmarried. Once you hit puberty, you are supposed to start covering all except the face/hands and wearing lose-fit clothing. Sometimes girls, esp those attending islamic schools, do so before then.

Yupp I went up on the snow ski, my mom offered me the sunscreen lotion, I was like why? My mom say the sun will burn me. I rolled my eyes at her and refuse use it, but I was shocked my face was burn red because of SUN! I learn my lesson to use the sunscreen lotion while go around the mountain.

I live in the us. I'm iraqi-american. Nobody is forcing me to do anything, nor do I feel I'm being controlled or restricted in any way. It's between me and God. I don't believe in hijab being an obligation imposed by a country, but I recognise it as a religious obligation and observe it. For me, it's just as much as a freedom to not have men treat me as an object. It's a line that makes me think about every way I behave- my actions are read not just as mine, but often as that of the muslim community.

--

Also, pubic hair is not the same as hair on your head.

Men cannot show that area of the body, either. Women can show their arms, legs, and -hair- in front of male family members and other women, also young children.

The headscarf isn't a symbol of being married or unmarried. Once you hit puberty, you are supposed to start covering all except the face/hands and wearing lose-fit clothing. Sometimes girls, esp those attending islamic schools, do so before then.

Just suppose I ask you a silly question - will you take off your headscarf if you want to get some tan in the public? It's good for you to get Vitamin B from the sun.

Off the subject, it's good that you are in my country that make you feel more freedom than living in Iraq. I feel sorry for Iraq people in the war. It is not our fault - it's the Government especially Republicans. We tried to stop the Government to send our soliders to the Iraq, and it was not successful. I don't know how we could make friendships again in the future. I hope that they know that some of us respect them, but we have no control in the government.

Yupp I went up on the snow ski, my mom offered me the sunscreen lotion, I was like why? My mom say the sun will burn me. I rolled my eyes at her and refuse use it, but I was shocked my face was burn red because of SUN! I learn my lesson to use the sunscreen lotion while go around the mountain.

Oh boy! What else she needs to remind you beside the sunscreen lotion? (I dunno.) Mosquito sprayer? I bet that your mother will be glad that you are punished - oops I didn't say that...

No, I wouldn't. It's a simple idea. My hair is as much a private part of me as my chest is. I wouldn't show that, I wont show my hair.

Also, you get vitamin D from the sun- but pretty much all foods you eat these days are fortified with D. It's pretty much impossible to fall short. Since I'm significantly photophobic (eye condition) I don't go out much in the light, so I had to learn this.

Back