Student of ASL in Florida

benji_amn

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Benjamin. I am a music major who is also studying ASL. I am a visual learner and so I have picked up ASL fairly quickly and I enjoy signing, but it has not been easy for me to get involved in the local Deaf community (due to transportation, time conflicts, etc).

I am just looking for friendship, perhaps someone to chat with so that I might experience and understand ASL and those who use it more fluently. I am an artistic person who loves the performing arts, coffee, friends and family (and many other things as well).

Welcome to AllDeaf!! I am in South Florida, WPB. I know north and central Florida have better deaf communities than south Florida. I've been looking for something, but what I have is all elderly people.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You are not the only one. KristinaB, ouch that hurt when you are talking about elderly people in the Deaf communities in your area. Well, I am an elder here on AD and I know there are others like me, too. So be careful what you say around elderly people like me. :roll:

Anyway, benji_amn, just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. You are not the only one. KristinaB, ouch that hurt when you are talking about elderly people in the Deaf communities in your area. Well, I am an elder here on AD and I know there are others like me, too. So be careful what you say around elderly people like me. :roll:

Anyway, benji_amn, just have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

I didn't mean it like that. I know there are older people here. I am 47, but the people in my deaf club are basically between the ages of 70-90. Some 50-60, but not many. It's hard to find anyone around here for a deaf community that I would feel comfortable in. I promise, I was not putting down elderly or seniors.

I didn't mean it like that. I know there are older people here. I am 47, but the people in my deaf club are basically between the ages of 70-90. Some 50-60, but not many. It's hard to find anyone around here for a deaf community that I would feel comfortable in. I promise, I was not putting down elderly or seniors.

:aw:, I understand what you are saying. I accept your apology. :thumb: Keep your promise. Don't forget we are in the baby boomer age bracket. It does suck, but we are here trying to kick as young as we can. :lol:

Hi.

Hey I'm in Cocoa Beach myself. Just started ASL this year as well. Its a blast.

Back