Stop The Bullying on AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
:hmm:....IMO....the bullying has gotten 110% much, much better than it was a year or two ago....Basically, everyone is pretty nice to each other. There may be some disagreements and the F-bomb here and there, but that's expected....Would be very boring if everybody agreed upon everyt little thing, don't ya think?.....

Yup, AD has improving so much for sure and there are not many threads got locked up, also little continuous debate and less quibbling.

For debate, especially political, it is easy to make gangs (the group) due to small community but for forum with largest members, it is very diverse and less likely to have endless debate between 2 members.

Compared to what it used to be, yeah, i'd say the OP's a little over the top.....thick skin, anyone?

Compared to what it used to be, yeah, i'd say the OP's a little over the top.....thick skin, anyone?

My initiation package made it very clear that I need thick skin to be a member here :lol:. I thought I had it, boy was I wrong. It took me a few months for it to develop but it was worth it. Only problem is, I have to use way more moisturizer now lol.

I'm surprised that bullying at AD haven't give me a traumatic events, unlike in real life and anti-gay bullying in social networking (include AIM). :aw:

Sometime, I became unhappy with some members, but not often and just happen temporarily.

Being on the internet these days you got to notice a boundary set between cyber bullying and debating to defend a position. Internet people are more easily prone to be outspoken or disagree with a statement these days. It is a part of being able to express oneself. I would say the line's been crossed when there's intentional malice present in postings that is intended to make a victim uncomfortable.

Sometimes debating leads to fights, but these are not examples of true bullying, it's just a fist fight over disagreeing with something. If both groups can accept their differences and move on, it would be over, whereas the cyberbully continues to pick victims regardless if there is a debate in the first place.

I just spent a couple hours back in the past looking at old threads. The things that really get people going, get people going.... like they leave and do not come back.
There has been a lot of really cool people on here.
Still is.

What I want to know is who is the amazing woman helping hold the ALLDEAF sign in the beginning the one with the ultra big smile?

OP, if someone attacks you personally or you perceive someone is attacking someone personally, report it. Try to use reason and logic to further your point.

You need to have a tough skin on the forums for some discussions, but don't feel you have to take abuse.

guessing txgolfer wants to deflower the flock?....oooopppps!..just kidding

op, if someone attacks you personally or you perceive someone is attacking someone personally, report it. Try to use reason and logic to further your point.

You need to have a tough skin on the forums for some discussions, but don't feel you have to take abuse.

stfu!!! :)

My initiation package made it very clear that I need thick skin to be a member here :lol:. I thought I had it, boy was I wrong. It took me a few months for it to develop but it was worth it. Only problem is, I have to use way more moisturizer now lol.

I second that, but I've got my own *ahem* kicks. To each their own.

Wow, you have been here 3 months, with under 100 posts, and are fed up with AD bullies? .

I personally had no issues with the heavy debate days of the past. I find things now to be a bit vanilla. I miss debating politics. I miss a lot of the posters that have either been banned or "retired" from AD. That is just me.

Wow, you have been here 3 months, with under 100 posts, and are fed up with AD bullies? .

I personally had no issues with the heavy debate days of the past. I find things now to be a bit vanilla. I miss debating politics. I miss a lot of the posters that have either been banned or "retired" from AD. That is just me.

I agree. Other than one who I felt was clearly dangerous, the spirited debates here were a lot of fun.

However, members need to be proactive in protecting the naive and vulnerable from the con-artists who do show up. A fine line. :hmm: Perhaps such assessment ought to happen through PM.

Precisely. Those who are accusing others of being bullies were NOT around for the Major Fakers. This isn't say making fun of a certain population b/c they're in love with Sean Berdy from Switched At Birth. There was even a case where a Major Faker became a Very Good Friend to many of us on here. It's bascily standing up and saying "look go get your jolies on the Muchanchsen Syndrome board. It's also really annoying to have Fakers on here. If we don't take a stand, then this place will be crawling with people who for whatever reason think that it's fun to fake being deaf.

I agree. Other than one who I felt was clearly dangerous, the spirited debates here were a lot of fun.
It is very possible we would consider two different people. :wave:

Oh yup, there are many members left AD to other deaf forum for some reasons, so I don't have anyone whoever share same agreement with me, but it isn't issue for me anymore.

When I left before because of my thin skin I missed out on a lot of good discussion and learning about things. If I had not have started looking here again I might not have learned about the phonak hearing aids that are working out so well for me. In fact in life being thin skinned has not been a big help for me. Having a proper sensitivity to others is also an ongoing learning process. Me I learn from other people way more than I learn just in my own head. So much for the me me me :ty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back