Stop POPUP

Katzie said:
Hi Brian, yes, I did get it from Christo's link. It's working fine, so far! :fingersx: I'm curious, what's the difference between these links, the one you and Christo provided? I see they both look a little different, but they both are from the same site. :dunno:

I think both links are same and you have to keep check new update like 3 or 4 times a month if you dont check new updates, your computer will not good running or old.

Bullym0m said:
Decide to use Mozilla Firefox... *Exhales* So much better.. browsing this one.. than IE/Netscape. Mozilla Firefox has good security everything to prevent pop up and anything name it.. I like it lot because "just simple and o'il plain features"

You better be careful w/ IE AND NETSCAPE. okay.
I downloaded the Mozilla 1.7 on my sister's new IBM computer. I never heard of a CISNET brand which her ex-boyfriend bought it at Staple for her. (I am familiar with an Apple computer.) She has a XP Home Edition window. After I clicked the installer, it did not show me that it is installing the software. It just popped up a small window and disappeared in 5 seconds. Nothing is changed. What did I go wrong?

I just wanted to get rid of the popup ads on the internet. You are right about IE's negative problems. I am not exact sure about Firefox cuz my sister always checks her e-mails and use a generic word processor (Notepad). I am surprised that a generic 'regular' word processor is not included in the package. I am just stunned.

Last edited:
i'm currently running Mozilla Firefox- and it owns.. One day i was browsing the web on our family's computer (IE) and got 5 popups on this website. I called my dad over and I'm like hey dad- check this out (showed him the popups), then whipped out my laptop and went on the exact same website with firefox.

popups = :Owned:

Not to mention it also has tabbed pages. I currently have 6 different websites open in one screen.

Oh yeah, its also free.

OK... On Friday I was forced to reformat this PC after the crash (because I was stupid for not backing up files before uninstalling Windows XP Service Pack 2 preview. :p) Before I start reinstalling Windows SP2 preview, I realize both of the WindowsUpdate sites (enclosed by myself and Christo) are same. If you want to learn more or try Windows XP Service Pack 2 Preview, it can be found via Google. I wouldn't encourage just about everybody to try it until Microsoft is done with testing it. What the pop-up blocker on MSIE 6.0 (SP2P) looks like:
msiepop.jpg
(had to censor most of the allowed deaf bulletin-board websites due to the rules here. :o

EDIT- changed the image hoster.

Last edited:
Try Firefox or Mozilla

Not only do they block popups without having to install additional software, there's a very good extension called "AdBlock" that lets you specify URLs or sets of URLs that you don't want the browser to fetch, so you can also turn off banner ads, gratuitous Flash or scripts, and so forth.

Back