Stem cell available in Kansas City

Hear Again scores greater than 90%.
She's doing great with her newer 2nd CI.
On the other hand, Hear Again had a progressive loss. Those who are late deafened or who have progressive losses are the best users of CI.
Not saying that someone who was born or early deaf can't be a good CI user.......that's like saying that someone who's born or early deafened can't be a good HA user.

On the other hand, Hear Again had a progressive loss. Those who are late deafened or who have progressive losses are the best users of CI.
Not saying that someone who was born or early deaf can't be a good CI user.......that's like saying that someone who's born or early deafened can't be a good HA user.

Er...the best users are generally children who get a CI while very young. It has to do with the brain acquiring language skills at the same time while doing its own mapping to best use a CI. In other words, the brain is still in development mode for language acquisition. This assumes the child is doing well with a CI from the beginning. Obviously, not all children will do this well.

I recently had my 3 month post activation testing and my scores were as follows:

Monosyllable

Hint - Quiet

Hint - Noise

My reverse slope hearing loss is now a flat line between 25-30db loss.

I still have my residual hearing. I was implanted with custom Med-El due to the reverse slope.

Chloe and her Urban Legend Fallout

Has anyone actually talked to "Chloe?" Has anyone even seen a photo of her? Does she even exist?

I'm not talking about information in e-mail forwards or postings on Web sites, or stories in check-out lane tabloids.

Where is the documented evidence that Chloe exists and was actually cured?

Stem cell treatment is still very, very, very far off.

People thinking otherwise, regardless of how they shout and scream and "prove" their point on this site, are not correct.

Stop declaring your "beliefs" and the things "you know" and send us a link to verifiable, peer-reviewed, legitimate, results-detailing information.

You can't. Can you?

Yeah, I'm in a mood today...

My audiologist just told me to go get a CI evaluation. My comprehension, around 36%, is ths same with aids as without. So adjusting the aids won't help.

The doctor also stopped accepting my insurance this month. So I would have to find another implant center.

I'm young - only 47. You think I want to walk around with a magnet stuck to my skull for the rest of my life? It's bad enough having two BTE aids.

I would jump for stem cell treatment in an instant.

But it doesn't exist. Go on - Set up a Google Alert for cochlea stem cell regeneration. See what you get. Just a bunch of junk and "maybes" and "somedays" from across the internet.

There is no stem cell treatment available now or in the immediate future for hearing loss.

So...

I'm young - only 47. You think I want to walk around with a magnet stuck to my skull for the rest of my life? It's bad enough having two BTE aids.

If it is any consolation...

I received my CI at 47 and it ain't so bad. I generally forget I have it on and usually I don't get my head stuck to the refrigerator. :D

Has anyone actually talked to "Chloe?" Has anyone even seen a photo of her? Does she even exist?

Kokonut Pundit: Video Interview (caption) with first American to have her hearing loss restored

Stem cell treatment is still very, very, very far off.

In America, yes. In other countries you can get it today.

People thinking otherwise, regardless of how they shout and scream and "prove" their point on this site, are not correct.

If you automatically dismiss every fact as false, why are you even reading into stem cells?

My audiologist just told me to go get a CI evaluation. My comprehension, around 36%, is ths same with aids as without. So adjusting the aids won't help.

This is weird, what is your audiogram like, can you post a scan? Im guessing you have near normal hearing in the lows sloping precipitously down from there. You may benefit from transposition.

I'm young - only 47. You think I want to walk around with a magnet stuck to my skull for the rest of my life? It's bad enough having two BTE aids. I would jump for stem cell treatment in an instant.

This is what I am doing. I don't want CI but for those that do, that's their choice.

But it doesn't exist. Go on - Set up a Google Alert for cochlea stem cell regeneration. See what you get. Just a bunch of junk and "maybes" and "somedays" from across the internet. There is no stem cell treatment available now or in the immediate future for hearing loss.

The stem cell centers just started treating hearing loss a few months ago so it's very new. Go ahead and email the stem cell centers, they are currently treating hearing loss now and they can treat my hearing loss as well as yours.

Here's the truth about Chloe.

She's not a music major from Arizona State. She did not have her hearing repaired. She's a little girl who had CP.

JABS Forum - CEREBRAL PALSY : STEM CELL TREATMENT

There's many Chloes. Chloe Levine has CP while Chloe Sohl(link) had her hearing repaired. If you researched on Google, you would have found this simple fact.

I should let you know that most members on Alldeaf are against stem cells and don't wish to read, research or know anything about it. They have the right to be against stem cells as much as I have the right to be pro stem cells and choose stem cells. If stem cells interests you, there's so much to learn on Google and in my blog. Ill be happy to answer your questions.

Sigh

You talking about Chloe Levine, the girl who had her hearing loss treated with stem cells is called Chloe Sohl.

Google her and face the reality you irrationally fear.

Because one person, one time, in the history of the world, MAY have taken a treatment, that MAY have helped her and her alone?

Yeah, shaking in my boots.

There is an artical in our Archdiocesen newspaper about adult stem cells aviability at St Lukes hospital in Kansas City, Mo.Here is the link http://www.theleaven.com/past_issues/_pdf/v31/Leaven11-20-09.pdf
The artical is on page 5. So Deafdude you don't have to wait for it to come to this country.
DeafDude is looking for stem cell treatment that is targeted at hearing loss. This article says nothing about hearing loss treatment. I wish the people that are generalizing stem cell treatment would understand more about what they are talking about before they start talking about it. That includes deafdude.

Because one person, one time, in the history of the world, MAY have taken a treatment, that MAY have helped her and her alone?

oh you wear boots?

Who is this guy? Is this oldbob

Prentice-bio.jpg

Yeah its funny, though not as hysterical as the anti stem cell movement.

Can I ask if your hearing? The anti stem cell group first said that "it would take 50 years" Chloe Sohl case actually proves them wrong...

And you missed my point, her case is a benchmark, it establishes a principle, it sets a precedent that Stem cells can treat humans for deafness. Up on till then it was only experimental animal testing that stem cells had been used. So you shouldn’t try to cheapen the fantastic progress that could help millions of people worldwide (who want to) hear!
Deafdude has been in contact with some centres and intends to get stem cells to treat his deafness soon. And so are others so more examples will come in the future..

I can hear your leather boots shaking ;)

It definitely does raise the possibility that for the restoration and cure for hearing loss via adult stem cells will happen sooner rather than later. Already certain severe vision loss can be rectified and cured with adult stem cells. The tempo is, imho, speeding up as more and more scientists clue in on certain vital discoveries and process that will enable them to treat hearing loss successfully very soon. It's not a matter of "if" but when. It will happen....inevitably so.

Back