Sperm donor must pay child support to lesbian couple

Steinhauer

Reaction score
Kansas court says sperm donor must pay child support - CNN.com

A Kansas sperm donor caught in the middle of a child support case says he wanted to help a lesbian couple when he made the donation nearly five years ago.

Instead, he may end up paying for his action.

A judge ruled Thursday that William Marotta must pay child support, even though he says he signed documents waiving his parental rights.

:hmm:

I totally disagree with this ruling.

Wow , I think the guy got a raw deal . I bet some guys will have second thoughts about donating their sperms knowing they could end having to pay for child support.
I totally agree with shel90 . The women are not thinking how this will affect other couples that can't have babies .

No surprise about state of Kansas.

I read this earlier today. I suppose I can't one side or another completely. I do believe it's wrong of the couple to go after child support when asking for a donor. However, they didn't do this with a medical professional so I suppose that I can see the courts stand point as well. :hmm: Again, I do believe it's wrong of them to go after support... still, it wasn't done in a "donor" situation. :doh:

It does not make sense. It can scares lot of man with tons of sperms away. Leave lots of parents have no child because of the stupid law. jeez.

Back