Speech Pathology Student needs assistance again!

fulwood

Reaction score
I posted in July and got fantastic responses from people. I am doing undergrad in Speech and now doing a class in Aural Rehabilitation. I have been reading this website as I take this class and found very useful information. Anyway, I have to interview 3 people who wear hearing aids and ask them the following questions and it can be done via a forum such as this...If I get more than 3 responses it will also be beneficial as we have projects, case studies and exams and everyone is usually very informative and seems happy to help. So if you are able to respond I would be most grateful. Your responses will be anonymous. If you are able to and it is not a requirement but more for my interest - will you please let me know the type of hearing aids you have and degree and nature of your hearing loss. Please do not feel obligated to provide the latter - it is for me and really from a point of interest and for me to become better educated..

If anyone is interested I am attending USU and doing a post bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology.

Thank you!

QUESTIONS FOR INTERVIEW WITH 3 PEOPLE WHO WEAR HEARING AIDS
1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?
2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?
4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?
5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?
6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?

22 years
2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss?
Ever since I was born
18 hours
yes
no bluetooth
6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?
Not really. My audiologist didn't tell me that my ha would help me understand other people by themselves, owing to the nature of my screwy brain (thanks brain) so I use it as a tool to understand people via lipreading.
audiologist

hurr durr

Thank you!

I'm a former HA wearer and now have a CI.

1) From the age of 3 to 47.
2) My mom had me checked out and I got my HA at 3.
3) I would wear it about 14 hrs a day.
4) It was very beneficial for many years. I had more trouble toward the end before I got my CI due to progressive hearing loss.
5) I simply lived with them and made the best of it. My only complaint was two things; a) battery life (about a week - that is great compared to my CI these days) and b) I would be exhausted trying to hear late in the day.
6) Yes.
7) Audiologist.

I posted in July and got fantastic responses from people. I am doing undergrad in Speech and now doing a class in Aural Rehabilitation. I have been reading this website as I take this class and found very useful information. Anyway, I have to interview 3 people who wear hearing aids and ask them the following questions and it can be done via a forum such as this...If I get more than 3 responses it will also be beneficial as we have projects, case studies and exams and everyone is usually very informative and seems happy to help. So if you are able to respond I would be most grateful. Your responses will be anonymous. If you are able to and it is not a requirement but more for my interest - will you please let me know the type of hearing aids you have and degree and nature of your hearing loss. Please do not feel obligated to provide the latter - it is for me and really from a point of interest and for me to become better educated..

If anyone is interested I am attending USU and doing a post bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology.

Thank you!

USU? Utah State? My daughter's audiologist is at Utah State. They have a GREAT program! When I go back to school for Deaf ed (next fall, I hope) I hope to attend USU.

I am doing an online degree - it isn't easy. We have had 3-4 audiology related classes. I have had classes with Prof Blair, Larsen and Laws and they all have been superb professors. I really enjoy the program - though audiology is not easy to study (for me anyway)..

1. I've worn HAs since 1971.
2. My parents realised I had a hearing loss, I was too young to know.
3. All my waking hours.
4. Definitely beneficial.
5. They make my ears damp and sweaty, which can affect quality of sound.
6. Yes.
7. NHS Audiologist (I live in Britain).

Since I was 8 months old...(I am 38 years old)
( I was diagnosed at 7 months)

(all day from waking up to going to bed)
(yes)
(the cost of batteries)
(I had no expectations when I was 8months old)
(from an audi)

Thank you!

Originally Posted by agalente

1. How long have you worn your hearing aids?A lifetime.
2. For how long before you got your hearing aids did you suspect you had a hearing loss? They knew very early.
3. How long do you wear your hearing aids each day?13 hours more or less.
4. Do you feel like you get benefit from your hearing aids?Absolutely.
5. What complaints do you have about your hearing aids?I have no complaints.
6. Do you feel like your hearing aids have lived up to what your audiologist or hearing aid dealer told you they would do?Yes.
7. Did you get your hearing aids from an audiologist or a hearing aid dealer?Audiologist

Example I pasted another survey I just did which is identical. Same school?? :hmm:

Thank you all so much. Can't thank you all enough for responding. Have any of you ever received Audiologic Rehabilitation services? if so just wondered about your experiences. This is just me asking - not required for class. I want to work as SLP assistant for a year or two before applying to grad school and might take a certificate from NAU in Assistive Technology.
Once again thank you all for responding - very kind of you..

Thank you all so much. Can't thank you all enough for responding. Have any of you ever received Audiologic Rehabilitation services? if so just wondered about your experiences. This is just me asking - not required for class. I want to work as SLP assistant for a year or two before applying to grad school and might take a certificate from NAU in Assistive Technology.
Once again thank you all for responding - very kind of you..

What is that? WHat is their purpose?

Obviously I haven't gone there because I don't know what it is to begin with. Just curious.

Back