Special needs student, 14, bullied into illegal tattoo

Let's consider...where is it that these bullies get the idea that it is perfectly acceptable to force someone who is considered different into a behavior or an act of the bullies' choosing?

I would love to know where the bullies get the idea that their behaviors are acceptable. From what I remember back in school... it seems that the teachers, etc are focusing on the victims not the bullies. I think they have it the other way around. I even remember the second grade boys.... the bully pushed the other boy just hard enough not to cause him to fall and the boy pushed the bully so hard that the bully fell over. The teacher didn't know of the first push, just the second one and punished the boy. The bully was laughing at the boy. I was too shocked to say anything then.

I would love to know where the bullies get the idea that their behaviors are acceptable. From what I remember back in school... it seems that the teachers, etc are focusing on the victims not the bullies. I think they have it the other way around. I even remember the second grade boys.... the bully pushed the other boy just hard enough not to cause him to fall and the boy pushed the bully so hard that the bully fell over. The teacher didn't know of the first push, just the second one and punished the boy. The bully was laughing at the boy. I was too shocked to say anything then.

Generally, they pick up the message that it is acceptable when it is conveyed in the attitudes of the adults closest to them.

Back