Speaking of working

and I thought about pursuing early childhood education. However, even with a Bachelors Degree expected income is less than $30k a year:hmm: That is why I was looking at perhaps studying something to pursue a more financially sound career KWIM?

Well, I have to agree with you that you certainly aren't going to get rich in the eduction field. But benefits are good, and that certainly helps.

In considering a career, you should look at not just what is going to provide an income, but what is going to be satisfying to you as an individual and allow you to feel like you are making a worthwhile contribution to the world. Then, you will enjoy your job, and actually look forward to going to work every day instead of getting out of bed and thinking, "Oh, God....another day at this stupid job I hate!"

I would recommend that you take your time, and even take a few assessments that will show you where your strengths and interests are. It will help guide you in your decision making process.

what's KWIM? My dad always tell me this - in America... if you want to be successful... you have to be expert at one thing - that nobody can beat you in it. He's meaning that whatever you're doing - be expert at it and love working at it. don't worry about money because if you're good at it and love what you're doing - money will follow you. hope that helps! :cool2:

Your dad gave you good advise. Do what you love and you will love what you do.

Back