Sound and Fury: update

SJCSue said:
I want to read an update about Shelby (the girl from the hearing family). Does her parents allow her to sign? If she decides to learn ASL as her second language, would her parents allow to study ASL in middle/high school? How is she doing academically? Have Heather and Shelby met since Heather was implanted?

Yes I´m wondering the same.

Liebling:-))) said:
Yes I am total surprised after read the article that Nita & Peter have 3 deaf children. It´s interesting to read...

I am familiar with ASL since I repeat to watch the video many times. I thought they have 2 hearing children and 1 deaf child (Heather) because they filmed only Heather, Peter & Nita, not 2 children... Why only Heather, not 2 deaf children?

I will watch again when my video recorder is fix.

Oh yes I remember that Chris and Mari already had eldest daughter and then twin that´s time. They have other twin... wow...
you will see them when they go to MSD (Maryland School for the Deaf) her brothers were shown inside the van. CJ was baby sitting in baby seat crying. Timmy on left side and heather on right side. Nita was scrolling the CJ. The principal(or Superintendent) asked Heather and Timmy their name. they answered.

You see the documentary movie was about Heather and Peter III the baby twin plus Nita. so it was not about Timmy and CJ because they were not aware and too young to comprehend what's going on during the movie.

Boult said:
you will see them when they go to MSD (Maryland School for the Deaf) her brothers were shown inside the van. CJ was baby sitting in baby seat crying. Timmy on left side and heather on right side. Nita was scrolling the CJ. The principal(or Superintendent) asked Heather and Timmy their name. they answered.

You see the documentary movie was about Heather and Peter III the baby twin plus Nita. so it was not about Timmy and CJ because they were not aware and too young to comprehend what's going on during the movie.

Thank you for get me attention... I will keep my eye on this where they moved out to Maryland and visit deaf school. I will watch their 2 children´s movement. Yes I can understand that 2 children are too young enough to aware anything during movie.

Thank you again for get me attention... :thumb:

Liebling:-))) said:
Thank you for get me attention... I will keep my eye on this where they moved out to Maryland and visit deaf school. I will watch their 2 children´s movement. Yes I can understand that 2 children are too young enough to aware anything during movie.

Thank you again for get me attention... :thumb:
actually before they moved to maryland, they were just visiting the deaf school to look around and ask question. then argument with parent after telling them they decide to move.

Boult said:
In the documentary, her parent didn't feel the need to teach her signs but did say if she grow up and meet other deaf and can learn signs if want to.

All that I can remember that her parents did not teach how to sign because the "professionals" advised them not to sign. I do not remember they saying that she can learn ASL when she is older. Maybe, I have to see the film again (if I can find the DVD remote :mad:)

Boult said:
actually before they moved to maryland, they were just visiting the deaf school to look around and ask question. then argument with parent after telling them they decide to move.
That family must have moved back to New York? They are listed in the VP directory.

Brian said:
That family must have moved back to New York? They are listed in the VP directory.
Yes, they did move back after 3 yrs. did you read the article in first post. I was referring to the documentary that they moved to MD after the argument with parent.

Boult said:
Yes, they did move back after 3 yrs. did you read the article in first post. I was referring to the documentary that they moved to MD after the argument with parent.
I understand. I kinda skimmed through the article, but I see they did move back to NY three years later.

Originally Posted by Cheri
Whoa! Someone is not being truthful, I guess I'll go rented the movie and watch it myself and see who's wasn't telling the actual truth.

I don't think somebody is not truthful, or lying.

When you watch a movie it is your IMPRESSION of what happened, your own opinion of what the movie events mean.

People see the same thing in different light, that is what happens. They see what you see and yet they may see it differently.
It is not the same as being untruthful..

I wonder what YOU will see in this movie..

BTW I happen to believe the little girl that wanted CI and then not- she was STRONGLY influenced by her mother behaviour.

Her mom was at first interested in CI, and said "maybe",
then she went to talk to these two hearing familes with CI kids and did not liked it.
She showed it in her behaviour and her daughter picked up on this, and became unsure of CI herself.

Fuzzy

There aren't actually any plans for a second movie as of yet. I've actually spoken with Josh Aronson, the director. While he expressed an interest in doing a follow-up film, there hasn't really been any serious discussion on the matter.

Based on the article, I don't think the family would agree to it anyway.

Sounds like you might be right Ayala - this is what Nita said in the article:

Looking back, Nita regrets the impact that the documentary had on her family. The constant filming and the controversy took a toll on their entire family. "What I wish," she said, "is that I could have had the feeling that it was okay to choose the implant back then and not have gone through all of that. We had so much influence from so many directions and it was overwhelming."

I did went to blockbuster but they didn't have that movie :(

R2D2 said:
Sounds like you might be right Ayala - this is what Nita said in the article:

Hello.... I'm glad that you are back. :hug:

ayala920 said:
There aren't actually any plans for a second movie as of yet. I've actually spoken with Josh Aronson, the director. While he expressed an interest in doing a follow-up film, there hasn't really been any serious discussion on the matter.

Based on the article, I don't think the family would agree to it anyway.

Thank you for let me know that I will stop the rumors.

Audiofuzzy said:
When you watch a movie it is your IMPRESSION of what happened, your own opinion of what the movie events mean.

People see the same thing in different light, that is what happens. They see what you see and yet they may see it differently.

Yes I has to agree that everyone have different impress their own opinions of what the movie mean.

I wonder what YOU will see in this movie..

Yes I wonder the same... but I beleive some people will say the same after see the movie because Grandma is the mainly role in the movie is: Inference

BTW I happen to believe the little girl that wanted CI and then not- she was STRONGLY influenced by her mother behaviour.

Her mom was at first interested in CI, and said "maybe",
then she went to talk to these two hearing familes with CI kids and did not liked it.
She showed it in her behaviour and her daughter picked up on this, and became unsure of CI herself.

Fuzzy

Okay we see different POV. All what I see is Grandma should stay out of Nita´s and Peter´s decision when they see different as Chris and Maji.

Okay we see different POV. All what I see is Grandma should stay out of Nita´s and Peter´s decision when they see different as Chris and Maji.

No, no I am saying this little girl who wanted CI and HER mom only.
her Mom keep saying " It's your decision, it's your decision" but the truth is she influenced her little girl decision every step. Because little kids observe their parents behaviour and they do as parents do. Little girl saw her Mom was not happy after visting hearing parents with CI children so she was unsure about CI herself.
her mom said something like "are you sure maybe it's better wait little longer". This is influence.

Fuzzy

Audiofuzzy said:
No, no I am saying this little girl who wanted CI and HER mom only.
her Mom keep saying " It's your decision, it's your decision" but the truth is she influenced her little girl decision every step. Because little kids observe their parents behaviour and they do as parents do. Little girl saw her Mom was not happy after visting hearing parents with CI children so she was unsure about CI herself.
her mom said something like "are you sure maybe it's better wait little longer". This is influence.

Fuzzy

But the parents brought Heather to meet CI children of deaf and hearing parents. Why? Because they want Heather see it herself. Nita and Peter are not happy with hearing parents of little Selby and see no problem with deaf parents of CI daughter (I can´t remember her name).

Back