Sorry to have gone M.I.A. for so long... AGAIN

steph9700

Reaction score
I got sick for a little while then came back up, getting back into my Facebook and dealing with family and everything was getting back on track then I get the news that nothing else can be done for my leg, that at 34 years old I have to now have a complete knee replacement. I had to go through pool therapy before the surgery then on July 20th I had it done, my right knee and I've been doing physical therapy on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays every week since. I'm making good progress with it at least. The therapist and the Dr. are both proud of me and saying I'm doing really good and to keep it up. As of Tuesday I am officially 5 weeks out and I can honestly say I can walk without a walking stick for the first time since my car accident back in late August of 2006. :dance2:

Other happy news going on right now... September 7th is coming up in 2 weeks and it's our 10 year wedding anniversary! :cuddle: I never thought I would ever spend 10 years with anyone or them with me but here we are, Tony and I are still together! He's really helped me to make it through so many things in the time we've been together and I don't know what I would have done without him. I really don't see my life without him in it from now on either. We are going to be one of those couples in our 80's rocking on the front porch together watching the world go by.

So you guys fill me in on everything you can think of, at least as best you can while I catch up as much as I can by reading past posts as I go. How are all my old buddies on here and I can't wait to meet all the new friends that have joined since I've been "out of the loop" for so long. I hope to get a lot of replies on this thread and sent links to other threads so I can get caught up on everything!:wave:

Thanks!:ty: Hi to you too!:wave: I plan on getting back into the groove of things and getting back on track with my friends that have supported me here. I also need to get back into sign language classes again pretty quick because I've lost about 20db more of my hearing in the last six months. My hearing aids are turned as high as the audiologist can program them to so I'm getting closer to no hearing at all anymore.:) Hope to see more of everyone soon!

:welcome: back to AD. I am glad that you are getting better and recovering from your Knee replacement surgery. It is good that you are trying and doing positive on your goal to make you walk with a walker first and then cane second and now almost no cane. So that is really a good progress that you have made so far. I am very happy for you. I am really looking forward to reading your posts. It is really good to have you back here on AD, even though I had read posts (blogs?) on Facebook a lot. See you around, Steph. :hug:

Back