Sorenson VP

twilkerson2006

Reaction score
hello, everyone. Do anyone know about Sorenson VP that has problem about new DSL with different location new homeplace not letting VP through and faded color video stay hardly see with blue not normal picture???

twilkerson2006 said:
hello, everyone. Do anyone know about Sorenson VP that has problem about new DSL with different location new homeplace not letting VP through and faded color video stay hardly see with blue not normal picture???
What company of DSL?

twilkerson2006 said:

I know that vp100's video is bad.
You should call VRS tech Support at vp 801 287 9403. You will get replacement VP100 soon.

twilkerson2006 said:
OTE phone co have OTE DSL that Sorenson VP try to through DSL. Maybe Sorenson VP Tech come to see it. Thank u for ur opinion

If you order OTE Starter service, then you will not get a good picture as it is a kind of too slow for a VP.

OTE Standard service may be just about right but not always in top quality.

OTE Premium service is the best one, no question.

See what OTE offers below.

DSL Starter
Order Now
Speeds up to 256k download/128k upload
$34.95 per month

DSL Standard
Order Now
Speeds up to 512k download/256k upload
$39.95 per month

DSL Premium
Order Now
Speeds up to 768k download/512k upload
$69.95 per month

I recommended get cable internet thru your cable tv company it's faster than DSL. Mines is Earthlink Cable thru Time Warner Cable TV.

IloveVP said:
If you order OTE Starter service, then you will not get a good picture as it is a kind of too slow for a VP.

OTE Standard service may be just about right but not always in top quality.

OTE Premium service is the best one, no question.

See what OTE offers below.

DSL Starter
Order Now
Speeds up to 256k download/128k upload
$34.95 per month

DSL Standard
Order Now
Speeds up to 512k download/256k upload
$39.95 per month

DSL Premium
Order Now
Speeds up to 768k download/512k upload
$69.95 per month

You will take speed test in your DSL
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

See how speed for your upload speed. Require 256 kbps upload for using VP100.

You better choose DSL standard or DSL premium plans.

dbarovian said:
You will take speed test in your DSL
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

See how speed for your upload speed. Require 256 kbps upload for using VP100.

You better choose DSL standard or DSL premium plans.
I was check that is slow upload but i pay for DSL standard
I think have to call my OTE they give me tech phone number to check it. :ty:

which best to buy for webcam?

I like to kown which best to buy webcam ?
What kind I use for this my dsl standrad ?
What band of webcam better ?

Last edited:
You can use computer speed connect anytime you want to. The best is good Cox Cable. Because Cable is very fast. You can use TV cable is very easy. :)

I ask a question about VP. How much cost per month and how cost for distance? I wonder I will plan for this as soon. :) I want one. :D

scottw said:
You can use computer speed connect anytime you want to. The best is good Cox Cable. Because Cable is very fast. You can use TV cable is very easy. :)

I ask a question about VP. How much cost per month and how cost for distance? I wonder I will plan for this as soon. :) I want one. :D

VP is free for deaf and HOH. No monthly service for VP. No cost for long distance call. Just pay for high speed internet, that's it.

Thank u for ur help my internet is slow , I can't affort for internet high speed . cost me 75.00 per month. I can't buy other comp b/c this is very small town and near by fram and country.

PowerWCRulez said:
I recommended get cable internet thru your cable tv company it's faster than DSL. Mines is Earthlink Cable thru Time Warner Cable TV.
Umm I have DSL and it run smooth.

Sometime DSL faster than Cable if cable is traffic so badly in area.

It would be more likely if your TV screen show any kind of color, green, red, and blue as in flickering colors, then possibility your VP-100 is need for replacement.

Whatever no need to say DSL or Cable is better..My DSL is much fast enough for my two VPs. As long your connection is faster than 256k for both way as VP minimum requirement.

It all various due to the factor lines, speed, distant.. if you know ur basic package is not get what you paid for, try increase package to step two example 256/256k to 768/256k. It may help get rid of choppy video.

Some DSL is not compatible with VP in some case PPPoE and PPPoA, which is much more further difficult to make it work at 100% of time unlikely bridge connection (regular connection thats doesnt req'd to log on user name and password) with static IP and dymanic IP as well.

Otherwise replacement will do.

twilkerson2006 said:
I like to kown which best to buy webcam ?
What kind I use for this my dsl standrad ?
What band of webcam better ?

All VRS application through web making VRS call, Sorenson EnVision SL, and of course NetMeeting are compatible with Logitech Pro 4000, thats the most VRS vendor recommend this kind of webcam. However you'd need to look at any brand which is far more expensive around 100.00 would give you the best clear video quality than cheap brand at 20.00 nowdays, but I can't quarantee you other than Logitech Pro 4000 would be compatible with VRS vendor or Sorenson SL EnVision which Logitech Pro 4000 is aboslutely compatible with all VRS applications. Is reason I say that becuz most of time VI will not process the call due the fact cheap brand webcam is not good video quality as clear.

I wouldn't able to determine which broadband would work the best for your VP since you didn't tell the location whereabout you are at. I would have to look into company's broadband, availbility in ur location and etc for further info if they use PPPoE, PPPoA, or Bridge then I'll can explain to you the fact..

Michael

bgmk82j said:
All VRS application through web making VRS call, Sorenson EnVision SL, and of course NetMeeting are compatible with Logitech Pro 4000, thats the most VRS vendor recommend this kind of webcam. However you'd need to look at any brand which is far more expensive around 100.00 would give you the best clear video quality than cheap brand at 20.00 nowdays, but I can't quarantee you other than Logitech Pro 4000 would be compatible with VRS vendor or Sorenson SL EnVision which Logitech Pro 4000 is aboslutely compatible with all VRS applications. Is reason I say that becuz most of time VI will not process the call due the fact cheap brand webcam is not good video quality as clear.

I wouldn't able to determine which broadband would work the best for your VP since you didn't tell the location whereabout you are at. I would have to look into company's broadband, availbility in ur location and etc for further info if they use PPPoE, PPPoA, or Bridge then I'll can explain to you the fact..

Michael
thank u for ur help

Back