Sorenson VP-100 Videophone

Deaf258 said:
I have had major problems with Qwest DSL with my old roommates and the Qwest people didn't fix anything for 6 weeks. We finally gave up and got Comcast cable internet which is faster tech support and access.

Is it DSL with MSN? If so, then you got the wrong one. Just get DSL with Qwest.NET or other ISP than MSN.

MSN:rl: Got it?

:)

NW

bbnt said:
I have yet it see any situation where DSL is better than cable

Out here in Colorado (dunno about elsewhere) we get DSL speeds of 1.5mbps download and 896 kbps uploads all for $28 a month for the DSL line. I have Qwest.Net as my ISP for $6.99 a month (Total $34.99/mo). With the high upload speed, I am able to set VP-100 upload to 512. everyone I talk to on VP are so impressed with the crisp clear picture. I've had Qwest for 4 months now and have had no problems. No downtimes, no black outs, nothing. I give kudos to DSL. As a matter of fact, almost everyone I know in colorado are switching from comcast to DSL.

RickL66 said:
Out here in Colorado (dunno about elsewhere) we get DSL speeds of 1.5mbps download and 896 kbps uploads all for $28 a month for the DSL line. I have Qwest.Net as my ISP for $6.99 a month (Total $34.99/mo). With the high upload speed, I am able to set VP-100 upload to 512. everyone I talk to on VP are so impressed with the crisp clear picture. I've had Qwest for 4 months now and have had no problems. No downtimes, no black outs, nothing. I give kudos to DSL. As a matter of fact, almost everyone I know in colorado are switching from comcast to DSL.

here in Arizona I had qwest DSL and switched to cox cable. there was no comparison for me , cable was way better

NightwarriorJin said:
. By the way, I like HIPVRS service. I like i2eye better as well.

NW

I want you know that i2eye are not the same as what Sorenson VP have. However, they are same and only the different that i2eye doesn't have what Sorenson. I learn about that one and interesting which one started the product.

ideafspy said:
I want you know that i2eye are not the same as what Sorenson VP have. However, they are same and only the different that i2eye doesn't have what Sorenson. I learn about that one and interesting which one started the product.

Sorenson start the whole things since Sorenson invested the chip (video compression) while D-Link did the hardware design. However theres one things that I noticed is that D-Link did a better job handling different light level. Sorenson's blockage is the main reason that I dont like Sorenson VP-100. I only really use it for end to end call and i2eye for VRS calls.

NW :squint:

Vp-100

Deaf258 said:
I rather have cable than DSL..

Well, i have cable, i dont have dsl, i was told that dsl is good for VP so i thought i would let ya'll know..... i ve never had DSL b4 so i dont know which one is good.. u know what im sayin'? hmm im fine with cable, really.... all i need to do is increase the speed.. thats all

so forget my suggestion abt DSL..... :deal: :D

Brainwashed Gal said:
Well, i have cable, i dont have dsl, i was told that dsl is good for VP so i thought i would let ya'll know..... i ve never had DSL b4 so i dont know which one is good.. u know what im sayin'? hmm im fine with cable, really.... all i need to do is increase the speed.. thats all

so forget my suggestion abt DSL..... :deal: :D

I heard same suggestion from Sorenson Installer, too.

I declined cuz of not really good confidence in QWest DSL myself.

QWest :rl:

if its with MSN, then I can see why, but if you get DSL with third party ISP, then your off better then

I have Sorenson VRS, and I use cable with it.. so far its pretty good and no problems with it.. i dont need DSL ;)

Back