Sorenson - Missed Calls

Sunshine1

Reaction score
I'm wondering when a hearing person called you thru relay service then you couldn't answer but that hearing person didn't to leave a message, would it shown his/her phone number on missed calls list anyway?

Yes the interpreter will leave a message on "Sign mail" and you will get that in the Email. All you do is click on the link int he E-mail that you get, and it will show up and will tell you what is the message and who from etc.

Go to settings on VP, and see SignMail icon, click on that and sign up with your Email.

It is neat!

I'm wondering when a hearing person called you thru relay service then you couldn't answer but that hearing person didn't to leave a message, would it shown his/her phone number on missed calls list anyway?

Hello Lake Tahoe

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Yes I had an experience about SignMail but I meant if hearing person don't want to leave a message.

Yes the interpreter will leave a message on "Sign mail" and you will get that in the Email. All you do is click on the link int he E-mail that you get, and it will show up and will tell you what is the message and who from etc.

Go to settings on VP, and see SignMail icon, click on that and sign up with your Email.

It is neat!

Hello,

Yes.. I see what you mean. When a hearie calls me and not leave a message, sometimes the number is on the screen, sometimes it is not.

And lots of hearies don't realize that they can leave a message on VP.

I myself would like it when a hearie leaves a message.

It would be cool if a deafie leave a message on my VP. I hope that will happen soon!

Oh that's true...but interpreter should ask hearing person if want to leave a message or not. Oh well. It would be nice though.

You could inform your hearing friends or families that they able to leave a message if you don't answer VP. Would that help?

Hello Lake Tahoe

I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Yes I had an experience about SignMail but I meant if hearing person don't want to leave a message.

Yes ofc that would be very helpful if I tell hearing people to leave message if I'm unable to answer. But it's my bummer that I forgot to tell one certain person about it.

Oh that's true...but interpreter should ask hearing person if want to leave a message or not. Oh well. It would be nice though.

You could inform your hearing friends or families that they able to leave a message if you don't answer VP. Would that help?

The answer is no, the phone number from hearing person won't show up missing call list, only "VI caller" I forgot the sentence, but it means from one of the terp at SorensonVRS.

Yea, wish they would have left the number on the missing calls so we can return the calls. You can always write e mail suggest that to VRScomments@sorenson.com I have few other excellent comments that I recieved recently from Sorenson customers. One of them is when you try to call somebody and that person happens to be busy, and reject your call, you get the message "Your call is rejected" It is more of insulting... Should have said instead "This person is busy can couldn't take your call at this time, try again later please" That way it would be less insulting. I kinda of agree with this customer!

Sorenson interpreters always ask if the person calling wants to leave a message if sign mail is set up.Its up to the caller if they want to leave one or not.Some people have sign mail set up and some dont.You should check and make sure your sign mail is set up.

:ty: diehardbiker

Bummer ... that's too bad. Btw ... as you mentioned comments from others about "reject" does make sense. Instead reject, the proper word would be "busy"

The answer is no, the phone number from hearing person won't show up missing call list, only "VI caller" I forgot the sentence, but it means from one of the terp at SorensonVRS.

Yea, wish they would have left the number on the missing calls so we can return the calls. You can always write e mail suggest that to VRScomments@sorenson.com I have few other excellent comments that I recieved recently from Sorenson customers. One of them is when you try to call somebody and that person happens to be busy, and reject your call, you get the message "Your call is rejected" It is more of insulting... Should have said instead "This person is busy can couldn't take your call at this time, try again later please" That way it would be less insulting. I kinda of agree with this customer!

I do get the missed call list from hearing people on my videophone. It does show but it doesn't show the name. It shows the phone number that I have missed.

Yes I got it last night that a hearing person called but also left a message because I couldn't received a call from him at that time. On my missed calls shown "Sorenson VRS (caller's ph number)". I found his message thru Relay operator in my email.

The question I asked at first post was if the hearing person DON'T want to leave message, will the Sorenson VRS (caller's ph #) still shown no matter what? I asked my friends and she said her hearing husband did the test and it didn't shown at all.

ideafspy ... I'm wondering about your sitution. The caller that you have missed, did he/she leave the message?

I do get the missed call list from hearing people on my videophone. It does show but it doesn't show the name. It shows the phone number that I have missed.

sometime the email didn't delivery. If that happen, please notify to technicel support that they are serious about this email be fast notify to you before anyone said, "didn't you get my message?"

If person doesn't want leave the message, I have their phone number.

Hey you're right. Again this afternoon I noticed on my missed calls that hearing person has called me again but didn't leave any message. So I guess rather there is a message or not, it's still appear on missed calls anyway or perhaps I have that hearing person's phone number on my speed list. I don't know for sure. It would be nice if that doesn't matter. :fingersx:

sometime the email didn't delivery. If that happen, please notify to technicel support that they are serious about this email be fast notify to you before anyone said, "didn't you get my message?"

If person doesn't want leave the message, I have their phone number.

Sorenson Caller ID

The question I asked at first post was if the hearing person DON'T want to leave message, will the Sorenson VRS (caller's ph #) still shown no matter what?
Yes, if a Hearing person calls you with Sorenson VRS, and you do not answer, your Sorenson VP will show "Sorenson VRS (caller's ph number)" in the missed calls list. It does not matter if the Hearing person leaves a message or not. The Hearing person's telephone number will show up. The Hearing person's name does not show up.

This option is only available with Sorenson VRS with a Soreson VP. If you do not use a Sorenson VP, such as a D-Link i2eye or a webcam, and/or do not use Sorenson VRS, such as different VRS, then the caller ID will not show up.

If you have a Sorenson VP-200, you can assign a LightRing (Visual Caller ID), if the caller is in the phone book, in your VP-200. The LightRing allows you to assign a specific light pattern to help identify callers. Sorenson VRS claims if you use your VP-200 to receive calls from other (non-Sorenson) videophones/webcams or other VRS providers, this feature will not work. This is not true. If you enter the static IP (numerical) address of someone or a VRS provider in the phonebook of your VP-200, then you will see the specific LightRing you assigned for that person or VRS provider, however, if that person or VRS provider has dynamic (numerical) IP address, or if you want to identify specific hearing people who call you with VRS, then you must receive those calls from a Sorenson videophone or Sorenson VRS, and those enteries must match your phone book. An IP name will not help, since it will show up as a number, on an incomming call.

Last edited:
Finally, I'm able to answering incoming calls!!! The Sorenson DLive has helped me and it was very interesting. Only problem is video display because they said to contact my IP to have them hmmm uploading more. Well next friday I will change my IP anyway so I will wait till then (ofc I will have to change router but I do know how to do it anyway). At least I don't have to missed any phone calls when I need to answer.

Back