sony vegas converting AVI files issues..

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
on sony vegas, i'm trying to convert my videos to sony vegas movie maker. but it won't show a picture at all. i tried using AVI files to make it work but no way..its coming thru my flash drive. My flash drive file for my videos are .AVI

My videos on sony vegas will only do sounds but no video at all. It's making me fustrated. Is there any other video file format i can do?

but the weirdest thing is that it works on my old movie maker by using AVI (windows movie maker) and works on my old-used laptop but it wont work on vegas. i'm not sure if i need to change the file format but then it might not work?

i had somewhat the same issue as you, my issue was that vegas couldnt import my .avi files even tho vegas accepts .avi format.
the solution i found that worked for me is:
use virtualdub to convert the .avi files to .avi format, the newly converted .avi files'll work in vegas no problem.
i know, avi to avi, weird uh, but it works.
probably to do with the container in the .avi files from your flash drive that doesnt work properly with vegas.

i had somewhat the same issue as you, my issue was that vegas couldnt import my .avi files even tho vegas accepts .avi format.
the solution i found that worked for me is:
use virtualdub to convert the .avi files to .avi format, the newly converted .avi files'll work in vegas no problem.
i know, avi to avi, weird uh, but it works.
probably to do with the container in the .avi files from your flash drive that doesnt work properly with vegas.

is virtualdub an online thing or a program that i have to download? because i pefer converting things online for free..

Sound like your avi codec from Flash drive unable to play in Sony Vegas, so needed to download the codec pack from the website. Download the codec Pack then install so it will put all the available codecs in your system then you will able to open the avi.

Back