Something Odd happened

WHAT!?!?!?

Reaction score
I had to fly to Fort Worth from Chicago and back over the last week and something very strange happened.

On the way back while ascending, I had a terrible case of vertigo where it looked like the plane was going through the air like a spiraled football throw.

It eventually passed but then I noticed something else strange.

When I would lean my head forward, everything in my right ear would get a little quieter but when I looked up or forward, it seemed louder than what is the norm with my hearing aid on.

At first, I took this to be a problem with my hearing aid maybe getting magnetized or un-programmed by airport security but I later tested by just moving the BTE portion while leaving the era mold in and that didn't change it.

It seems to be with my ear itself. After sleeping that night, it seemed to clear up but today it is happening again. Not identically but very similar.

I have never had something like this happen before and I'd like to know what the heck is going on and make sure that flying is not going continue to be an issue since I may have to do a fair amount of flying soon for a new job that I was interviewing for in the first place.

There was also some discomfort while descending in both directions and someone I spoke to said this was probably a result of some allergy problems I am currently going through from the cotton wood trees in my yard.

Is this something I can expect to eventually clear up or do I need to see someone about it? I was asked if I heard any loud popping noise during the flight and the answer to that is no.

Can someone give me any insight to this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

you should bring that up to the audi if your hearing aids are experiencing technical difficulties!

I had to fly to Fort Worth from Chicago and back over the last week and something very strange happened.

On the way back while ascending, I had a terrible case of vertigo where it looked like the plane was going through the air like a spiraled football throw.

It eventually passed but then I noticed something else strange.

When I would lean my head forward, everything in my right ear would get a little quieter but when I looked up or forward, it seemed louder than what is the norm with my hearing aid on.

At first, I took this to be a problem with my hearing aid maybe getting magnetized or un-programmed by airport security but I later tested by just moving the BTE portion while leaving the era mold in and that didn't change it.

It seems to be with my ear itself. After sleeping that night, it seemed to clear up but today it is happening again. Not identically but very similar.

I have never had something like this happen before and I'd like to know what the heck is going on and make sure that flying is not going continue to be an issue since I may have to do a fair amount of flying soon for a new job that I was interviewing for in the first place.

There was also some discomfort while descending in both directions and someone I spoke to said this was probably a result of some allergy problems I am currently going through from the cotton wood trees in my yard.

Is this something I can expect to eventually clear up or do I need to see someone about it? I was asked if I heard any loud popping noise during the flight and the answer to that is no.

Can someone give me any insight to this? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

You should see a doctor to made sure you have nothing wrong with your ears. I had vertigo a couple of times . The first time I woke up and when I moved my head my whole bedroom felt like it has been turned upside down!
It took about six months for the vertigo to finally go away. The second time i got vertigo after I was in a horrible auto accident. I knew some people that never got over having vertigo . I think you should find out why you're getting
Vertigo . I had it so bad it made me vomit. The first time I got it I did not drive as I got so dizzy and did nit want to cause an accident.

Vertigo Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment by eMedicineHealth.com

Back