Some rash on my new implanted area

krazykatkitty

Reaction score
I recently had a surgery for a second cochlear implant (5 days ago) I am just curious if that really common. The operation went really well. My incision is looking good so far. I am very happy with it.

I've got a small rash on my new implanted area. I've been touching with my short hair Area that already shaved just behind my ear ( cos I love to feel the short hair lol. I shouldn't do that again) but my mum suggested me not to touch it. I have no allergic reaction but I am allergic to sticking plaster (brown one). I told my nurse to use white sticking plaster instead brown. No problem.

Got a bit swollen on that ear and it's normal after my surgery and getting better in each day. No itchy, no reaction, dizzy or sickness not much in a pain and just red rash on that ear. My mum helped me to wash my hair very carefully and i put a plastic cup on that ear while showering. I don't remember that I had a rash on my first one as a child.

Is that really common?

if it's a rash you may want to get the incision checked to make sure there is no infection but it could just be a reaction from the stuff you said you had a reaction before to ...

Your mum might have made a good suggestion saying not to touch it. Do you have a follow up appointment with your surgeon prior to your activation? Just for the doctor to take a look at it to make sure everything is okay? I saw mine about a week after my surgery.

Yeah, my rash is disappeared this morning. That's good. Yep, I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon day after my activation.

Back