Some Parents Choose Not to Allow Their Kids to Hear Obama's National Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bring my girls to my laptop. Points to the screen. "See this man? This is the guy who caused us an additional $2 trillion dollars in deficit, 5 times worse than Bush. Money that we will owe to pay back. That means, girls, that you, your kids, and your grandkids will paying higher taxes for the rest of your life for this guy's mistake in abusing our tax money. Anybody who does that is an idiot. Don't listen to him."

Simple. Compare and contrast. Even a 4th grader can understand that!

:wave:

You're pumping so much idealogy crap into your children and you're whining about a president's speech that merely asks kids to stay in school? You are the one that's going way nutty.

That's why I have ZERO respect for you.

The point of an education is to gain critical thinking skills.

Kids should be exposed to different viewpoints to broaden their horizons.

You're pumping so much idealogy crap into your children and you're whining about a president's speech that merely asks kids to stay in school? You are the one that's going way nutty.

Yup, I have NO respect for kokonut and he's just trying to improve his antics.

The point of an education is to gain critical thinking skills.

Kids should be exposed to different viewpoints to broaden their horizons.

Evidently, our schools haven't been good at teaching critical thinking skills. :P

If I had kids, I'd certainly expose them to different point of views.

It is their freedom to choose to block their children's access to this speech. Reminds me of sex education, where some students were held out of the class because of parental objections. Sadly, the children have no freedoms when the parents decide to take them away. That is life under parental control. Sounds a bit fascist to take this approach, at least to me. Gotta love the parents that pass their hatred and close-mindedness onto their offspring. :roll: I wonder if those same parents that deny their children the option of listening to Obama also force them to listen to Rush? "Crank up the hate, Daddy!" from the back seat as Dad drives them around.

I have NO respect for kokonut.
Perhaps we can start a group? Ignoring is the easy way to go. Perhaps that is his mission. Once everyone ignores him, we can change the site name to AllHate. Why did he choose a Deaf website for his Jihad? :confused:

That's fine. Just say it in under 1 minute and get it over with.

"Stay in school. Study hard. Respect your teachers. Respect your parents. And above all, have fun out there. You're only a kid once in your life."

No need for a speech. But we know better. No need to bribe them either to do something constructive and imaginative on their own...even if they don't know they're being brainwashed.

These 20 videos will be reviewed by a panel of judges including U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan. The panel will choose three winners, each of whom will receive a $1,000 cash prize.

Letter From Secretary Arne Duncan to School Principals

LOL. Can't believe you guys are actually complaining just because I do not agree with the administration's policy and stance, and where they're going?

Perhaps we can start a group? Ignoring is the easy way to go. Perhaps that is his mission. Once everyone ignores him, we can change the site name to AllHate. Why did he choose a Deaf website for his Jihad? :confused:

Then that's fine. But you do understand that my message, opinions, and facts regarding politics, environment and other fun topics will get out a lot easier.....unchallenged?

Why did he choose a Deaf website for his Jihad? :confused:

LOL, very good question. My guess is that he's bitter about his experience at Gally.

I don't know if I'm just imagining it or not, but Deaf Culture seems to be on the whole more liberal than the Hearing culture. And that may be an issue with him as well.

But then I grew up in a very conservative neighborhood and I didn't know anyone who is liberal other than my brother who is the oldest child in my family.

The more someone insists that I think like them, the more I resist.

Yes, the woman at my office is really convinced and there is some silly site to help convince her. Oh, did I mention that she is my boss?.

LOL. Is she aware of your liberal leanings?

Yup, I have NO respect for kokonut and he's just trying to improve his antics.

Kinda hard to respect someone who clearly has no respect for anyone who doesn't think like him.

LOL, very good question. My guess is that he's bitter about his experience at Gally.

I don't know if I'm just imagining it or not, but Deaf Culture seems to be on the whole more liberal than the Hearing culture. And that may be an issue with him as well.

But then I grew up in a very conservative neighborhood and I didn't know anyone who is liberal other than my brother who is the oldest child in my family.

The more someone insists that I think like them, the more I resist.

Actually, Gallaudet University was a great, great experience! Made life long friends, learned about the Deaf culture, ASL, met nice ones, and bunch of morons, too, learned about consortium universities, went to games, bars, the Abbey, dances, the Mall, etc. I had to do it again, I'd do it from the perspective of learning what the heck is Gallaudet all about. Academically? Meh. But thank goodness for consortium universities like GWU for my courses.

No need to assume these things. If you have a question about me you can simply ask me.

Actually, Gallaudet University was a great, great experience! Made life long friends, learned about the Deaf culture, ASL, met nice ones, and bunch of morons, too, learned about consortium universities, went to games, bars, the Abbey, dances, the Mall, etc. I had to do it again, I'd do it from the perspective of learning what the heck is Gallaudet all about. Academically? Meh. But thank goodness for consortium universities like GWU for my courses.

No need to assume these things. If you have a question about me you can simply ask me.

It's very nice for us to hear about your positive comment on Gally.

I will enroll at Gally in Fall 2010.

It's very nice for us to hear about your positive comment on Gally.

I will enroll at Gally in Fall 2010.

:thumb: good luck, my man!

I bring my girls to my laptop. Points to the screen. "See this man? This is the guy who caused us an additional $2 trillion dollars in deficit, 5 times worse than Bush. Money that we will owe to pay back. That means, girls, that you, your kids, and your grandkids will paying higher taxes for the rest of your life for this guy's mistake in abusing our tax money. Anybody who does that is an idiot. Don't listen to him."

Simple. Compare and contrast. Even a 4th grader can understand that!

:wave:

Did you tell your girls that Obama inherited more than $5 trillion debt from Bush?

Oh yes, did you tell your girls that National debt hits 11 trillions before Obama took office?

Did you tell your girls that Obama inherited more than $5 trillion debt from Bush?

Oh yes, did you tell your girls that National debt hits 11 trillions before Obama took office?

doesn't help to add an additional $2 trillion dollars running deficit in 6 months flat...almost the half way point of Bush's own debt over 8 years.

I point to the screen, "See that man? Avoid him like the plague."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back