Some Parents Choose Not to Allow Their Kids to Hear Obama's National Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roll: Not allowing your kids to see the president's address? He's the president. Even if you vehemently disagree with his politics, you should keep up with what he's doing. In fact, all the more reason to keep up so you're in the know.

I can't stand how sometimes people see what they don't like and then decide to act like it doesn't exist.

:roll: Not allowing your kids to see the president's address? He's the president. Even if you vehemently disagree with his politics, you should keep up with what he's doing. In fact, all the more reason to keep up so you're in the know.

I can't stand how sometimes people see what they don't like and then decide to act like it doesn't exist.

I'm reminded of the 3 monkeys.:giggle:

The only one getting "pwned" around here is you.:lol:

Silly conservatives!

Well, you're the one who claimed to have "extensive" music theory education. It's yours. You deserve it. And you know it. :wave:

"Single payer system."

That pretty much says it all.

So you don't care about those uninsured people because of their pre-existed condition? Or those who can't afford to pay for health insurance.

Well, you're the one who claimed to have "extensive" music theory education. It's yours. You deserve it. And you know it. :wave:

What exactly does that have to do with the absolute silliness of refusing to allow your children to watch a Presidential address? What are you afraid of, to coin your term?

What exactly does that have to do with the absolute silliness of refusing to allow your children to watch a Presidential address? What are you afraid of, to coin your term?

I can give you $2 trillion reasons. This is a family decision, not yours. We have our reasons. There is no law saying one must watch Obama his televised kiddie address. I don't tell you how to run your family affairs and decisions. On Sept 8, no tv for the kids. If you don't like it, well, frankly, too bad since the there are much better things for the kids to do than to watch a shyster on tv.

I can give you $2 trillion reasons. This is a family decision, not yours. We have our reasons. There is no law saying one must watch Obama his televised kiddie address. I don't tell you how to run your family affairs and decisions. On Sept 8, no tv for the kids. If you don't like it, well, frankly, too bad since the there are much better things for the kids to do than to watch a shyster on tv.

What are you afraid of?

Or just cut TV out altogether. Maybe then you will stop quoting news as fact.

Cover your eyes, kiddies! There is a black man in the White House! And he be tellin' big ole lies!:giggle:

Cover your eyes, kiddies! There is a black man in the White House! And he be tellin' big ole lies!:giggle:

wondering if kokonut will post an article about Obama wanting to rename it to Black House :hmm:

doesn't help to add an additional $2 trillion dollars running deficit in 6 months flat...almost the half way point of Bush's own debt over 8 years.

I point to the screen, "See that man? Avoid him like the plague."

Say this in 4 or 8 years time, not now.

You know why? Because Clinton had sex with an intern. :giggle:

:lol: you funny...

National debt was started in 1940s. Clinton was one of some previous presidents who reduced few trillions of total national debt.

And the opposing view to "stay in school", is "drop out of school." There's a good lesson to provide children.

I was referring to the closedmindedness of parents. The refusal to take anything into account except their own narrow viewpoint. Their objection to Obama's speech has more to do with their own political viewpoint, and their refusal to accept anything from the "enemy" as valid. It is absurd. Children are in school to learn. They cannot learn when they are denied the opportunity to be presented information.

I agree with Duncan..these parents are being silly.

Yes I second that.

Guaranteed that my kids will not watch it. I'll just make sure the tv is off.

What you react if your 3 girls want to watch Obama´s speech?

wondering if kokonut will post an article about Obama wanting to rename it to Black House :hmm:

That would be historically inaccurate since it refers to the white paint, and not black.

Say this in 4 or 8 years time, not now.

:lol: you funny...

National debt was started in 1940s. Clinton was one of some previous presidents who reduced few trillions of total national debt.

Yes I second that.

What you react if your 3 girls want to watch Obama´s speech?

That's why I said "running deficit."

It's is on track with an estimate that'll double the amount that bush accumulated in his 8 years. Or something to that effect.

None of the girls like Obama. And, secondly, they're not into politcs (save for my oldest daughter in college/hs who doesn't like him anyway). But I'll make sure they won't accidentally see the "speech."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back