Social Security Benefits

howardwoodsjr

Reaction score
I am looking to find those that believe that Social Security and the federal government needs to implement a plan to notify deaf and hoh persons that they have the right to file a claim on their own record as well as notifying those same persons that they can file for child disability benefits on their deceased parents record.

How can Social Security give benefits to illegal immigrants and not notify those that were born here that they have the right to file for benefits if necessary.

I realize not all deaf and hoh citizens want to file for benefits, much less receive them and I commend those people. However, we all come from different backgrounds and have different situations that may arise in which we need some help to get back on our feet or to survive in today's terrible economy.

I was under the assumption that if you recieved assistance with your local state Vocational Rehabilitation program that you would be eligible to receive disability benefits through Social Security?

I look forward to hearing from any of you that have comments or concerns like mine relating to this issue.

I am looking to find those that believe that Social Security and the federal government needs to implement a plan to notify deaf and hoh persons that they have the right to file a claim on their own record as well as notifying those same persons that they can file for child disability benefits on their deceased parents record.

How can Social Security give benefits to illegal immigrants and not notify those that were born here that they have the right to file for benefits if necessary.

I realize not all deaf and hoh citizens want to file for benefits, much less receive them and I commend those people. However, we all come from different backgrounds and have different situations that may arise in which we need some help to get back on our feet or to survive in today's terrible economy.

I was under the assumption that if you recieved assistance with your local state Vocational Rehabilitation program that you would be eligible to receive disability benefits through Social Security?

I look forward to hearing from any of you that have comments or concerns like mine relating to this issue.

Notification is already done, in that people are already informed that SS disability benefits are available to any one with a a disability. Likewise, if that child was receiving Survivor's Benefits on a deceased parent, they are notified at the age of 18, when survivor's benefit's run out, that they can continue to receive disability benefits on their parent's account until the age of 21.

Just because you receive VR assistance does not mean that you are automatically eligible for SS benefits. The two agencies have different criteria for determining need.

The SSA cannot single out deaf individuals for notification. That would breach confidentiality. Anyone with a disability has to self disclose.

Back