so you guys planning to get a SSD??

how big is the biggest SSD? Jiro Id guess its for the LAPTOP for lightness and speed? what else. but maybe am i missing something?

its not only for laptop and desktop,too. i was surprised about the benchmark of ssd. it over 1.5 mb write and read. i think. its pretty fast. thats what made me to decide to get ssd...before that happen. i am learning about how to keep ssd keep good.. so thats why i want to enable trim on my pc

its not only for laptop and desktop,too. i was surprised about the benchmark of ssd. it over 1.5 mb write and read. i think. its pretty fast. thats what made me to decide to get ssd...before that happen. i am learning about how to keep ssd keep good.. so thats why i want to enable trim on my pc

i meant 1.5k mb lol

1.5 MB/s? LOL Most hdds can do 60-100 MB/s

So you mean 1.5GB/s?

my bad. its like 1,500 mb. yea 1.5gb. why would they invent sata 6gb? so raid 0 for 4 to get 2,500 gb?

For 2.5" HDD? Not really. Too many my friends/customers got hdd 2.5" failed under 2-3 years old even my macbook HDD 2.5" and macbook air HDD 1.8" got failed around four years old.

SSD life is all depends. It will become short life if edit video a lot. Make sure your computer have TRIM enabled then SSD should last around 20 years. Who want to keep same computer for 60 years? Silly. Most people update a new computers each 5-12 years depend on their mood.

toss both SSD and HDD in water for several hours and leave it dry and plug to computer. Which would live?

That's good and you are very lucky. We use it a lot and very heavy travel for tour, job, and school. I believe shake a laptop a lot cause HDD short life.

I believe it cause from masturbate, that's what shake is come from...

toss both SSD and HDD in water for several hours and leave it dry and plug to computer. Which would live?

None, HDD give off electrocution in water and that will kill SSD. :shock:

Better to live in hot area so no water to cause problem. Texas baby!

Back