So Frustrating

xunixan

Reaction score
Happy New Years AllDeafs!

While I absolutely love my CI's, it is so frustrating trying to hear when going out. I decided this time to try going out at a NYE party, with all the music, the multiple people talking, it's so hard to hear!

I did the 'smile and nod' to so many people which backfired a few times lol

how was everyone's nye?

I wear a hearing aid in my left ear and yeah, it IS frustrating trying to hear and have a conversation in loud settings. My problem is I can hear everything around me but I can't hear my own voice very well so I can't tell how loud I'm talking. So when I try to participate in a conversation, MANY times what I say is not acknowledged because I didn't say it loud enough. It's deflating and leads me to withdraw from group conversations in restaurants and other places with loud background noise.

Aside from that, had a great new years with the gf watching movies and staying in due to the nasty weather we had yesterday.

Happy New Year's!

Last night, I went out with my brother, husband, and friends to a nightclub. I could see the hearing people having a hard time communicating while we didn't because we used ASL. Even in the group, the hearing people used ASL with each other because they know they can communicate at ease instead of using their voices and ears due to the loud music.

I stayed at home, munched on different snacks and watched a lot of X-Files on Netflix. easy lazy laid back, just how I wanted it.

I stayed at home, munched on different snacks and watched a lot of X-Files on Netflix. easy lazy laid back, just how I wanted it.

(high five)

I nearly did all the same things, I watched tons of Shameless episodes, played some Super Mario 3D World via Wii U, jogged for a few miles, drank some coke cola as well and played The Last Of Us via PS3.

(high five)

I nearly did all the same things, I watched tons of Shameless episodes, played some Super Mario 3D World via Wii U, jogged for a few miles, drank some coke cola as well and played The Last Of Us via PS3.

I spent my New Year's watching the weather reports, and making plans for stocking up for later tonight when it all breaks loose. And figuring out my budget, as well.

I drank champagne out of a pint glass, ate a pizza, went on a werewolf rampage in Skyrim and then was asleep before 11pm.

Back