so bte HAs have come a long way since the 90's

Kender

Reaction score
I just had my appt with the audiologist for a HA consult, going over what would work for me and which aids did what. I am still in shock at the size....not at how big but rather at how small. I remember back in highschool when I would see a few kids with BTEs and they were big. This image stuck in my head when I found out I needed HAs. Even with all the research on the net and pics that I saw I didn't realize just how small they could be. The model that I am getting is the GNresound Azure mini bte (az-60 di) in midnight blue :) The audie had a demo model to show me the size and how it would fit with the mini tube and open canal piece. This thing was no longer than the tip of my finger, from the first knuckle to the end of my index finger and it was barely as wide as the earpiece of a pair of oakleys and only about twice as thick.....I seriously think it could hide behind a quarter.

Has anyone else, who has recently received a HA, been surprised by how tiny these things are now?

I just had my appt with the audiologist for a HA consult, going over what would work for me and which aids did what. I am still in shock at the size....not at how big but rather at how small. I remember back in highschool when I would see a few kids with BTEs and they were big. This image stuck in my head when I found out I needed HAs. Even with all the research on the net and pics that I saw I didn't realize just how small they could be. The model that I am getting is the GNresound Azure mini bte (az-60 di) in midnight blue :) The audie had a demo model to show me the size and how it would fit with the mini tube and open canal piece. This thing was no longer than the tip of my finger, from the first knuckle to the end of my index finger and it was barely as wide as the earpiece of a pair of oakleys and only about twice as thick.....I seriously think it could hide behind a quarter.

Has anyone else, who has recently received a HA, been surprised by how tiny these things are now?

I'm not surprised. Back in the 1970s one computer would take up a building but now they are pretty small. Its the way technology is going in general, the smaller the better!

I actually do still marvel at the miniature sizes they've become :)
Yours seems to be really nice- I think midnight blue is cool color.

Fuzzy

Back