sign writing???

crzy_crtny

Reaction score
its such an odd thing, i have to translate an entire song. if anyone knows a super fast way or if they could do it it would be amazing. post anything that would help.
thanks bunches, oh the song i have to translate is 'I Hate This Part' by: pussycat dolls.

Isn't this your assignment? Asking someone else to do it for you is cheating. You certainly won't learn anything like that.

Isn't this your assignment? Asking someone else to do it for you is cheating. You certainly won't learn anything like that.

Couldn't agree more. ^^^^^ How can she learn if she doen't do it herself?

Oops. :lol: I realized I just paraphrased your last sentence!

its such an odd thing, i have to translate an entire song. if anyone knows a super fast way or if they could do it it would be amazing. post anything that would help.
thanks bunches, oh the song i have to translate is 'I Hate This Part' by: pussycat dolls.

:laugh2::laugh2: Lots of us don't even know any songs, let alone have an interest.

Winter quarter must be coming to an end.....

Yep. If these are college students, they have known about the assignment since the beginning of the quarter. Assignments are outlined in syllabi passed out the first day of class.

I'm an ASL student also and I agree 100%. I have to sign a fable for my ASL class and this is what I would suggest to do with your song. Print out the lyrics and then rewrite them in ASL grammar format (this will also help you to eliminate a lot of the extra words that English grammar seems to call for). Once you have done that, you can research the various signs and then start practicing. I have also made arrangements with some teacher friends of mine to come in and sign the fable to their classes to help me with my fluidity. I am also thinking of having it video taped during that time so that I am more focused on the kids than the camera.

Now, I am sure there are Deaf and HOH members here who would be more than happy to help you with fine-tuning your song and offering suggestions of improvements. However, in order to fully embrace the language, you need to perform the bulk of the work.

you guys, the sign writing isn't part of my assignment, i just wanted help. oh and im only 16 so im not in college im a sophmore at a highschool. so its all good.
the thing that you are talking about dorothy is called glossing and i have already done that

you guys, the sign writing isn't part of my assignment, i just wanted help. oh and im only 16 so im not in college im a sophmore at a highschool. so its all good.
the thing that you are talking about dorothy is called glossing and i have already done that

Just curious why you think we would want to do that?

jsut wondering i guess. i didn't just ask if ppl would do it for me, i asked if anyone knew
a good site or anything that would help

Perhaps we have all misunderstood you, but in your original post you said, "If anyone knows a super fast way or if they could do it it would be amazing." That sounds like you are asking for people to do it for you.
Additionally, there is no super fast way or any magical website that will help you. There is aslpro.com, which I do use quite frequently. However, it is more a reference type of site where you look up signs, similar to looking words up in a dictionary.

Other than that, I don't have any suggestions on what other options you have available to you.

Perhaps I was the only one who misunderstood. I didn't understand what exactly you were looking for until I saw Lavender's post and checked out the link. :Oops:

Back