Should I sell my HAs on eBay?

mev426

Reaction score
Hey everybody! I know it's been a while and my posts are few and far between, I've been really busy with school and college applications. However, I want to buy a DSLR from canon that's not cheap, and was wondering if I should sell my previous pair of hearing aids on eBay? What do y'all think? Right now they're just sitting in my room and they're not strong enough for my loss.. They're a really good pair, I think they were around $6000 at the time of purchase 2 years ago (Unitron Passport Moxi 3G). To sell or not to sell? If I did sell them, it would probably be for around $2500 for the pair and the uDirect and the Dri-Aid jar (and cases, etc.)

If I had hearing aids that I could no longer use I would donate them so child could have them.

They're not really child friendly though. They're really small receiver-in-canal type, very fragile

Many people do sell hearing aids on eBay that they could no longer use but when I had a flick through about a month ago on the US eBay site, you really don't get much for them.

There were a few pairs of Naida S V UPs and Naida S IX UPs and they only went for around $600 to $1000 and the Naida V UPs go for about $150. (This was when I looked about a month ago)

Not sure about your hearing aids but I would look through eBay yourself and see what you could get for them.

I do agree that, as they are not strong enough for your loss now, that sitting in your room doing nothing, is a waste when someone could use them.

The blue one in my avatar is my current naida. I'm looking to sell my old RICs.

Thanks for the input NaidaUP!

whoa, your Moxis looks really tiny!!! (tiny enough to be in the palm of my small hands)

Mary, eBay will take your listing down if you don't include this in the description.

"According to the FDA, it is in your best health interest to obtain a professional medical evaluation before purchasing a hearing aid and you are encouraged to do so before bidding on this item. If you choose to not obtain a medical evaluation before purchasing this item, I am required by law to provide to you and obtain from you a signed written waiver of the medical evaluation, and I am required to provide to you a copy of the User Instruction Brochure for a hearing aid, review the contents of that brochure with you, and afford you time to read the brochure. You must provide to me either a signed statement from a physician or a signed waiver before I will deliver this item to you. Upon your request, I will also provide to you a copy of the User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid or the name and address of the manufacturer or distributor from whom a User Instructional Brochure for the hearing aid can be obtained."

Before you send the hearing aids, you have to get a written waiver off the buyer, or something like that.

naidaup said it first before I did. legally you cannot sell HA's since you are not licensed to dispense them. I know people do it all the time, the the buyers are the ones that get screwed anyway. Problem is the programming to make it fit for each end user.

I wouldn't say its illegal as eBay then wouldn't allow people to sell hearing aids but you do have to put the FDA statement to make it a valid listing. eBay have been known to take down listings even after it's been sold if it doesn't have the FDA statement and then the problem lies that you loose out on money if it's already been sold.

Mary - Do you find you use your remote mic a lot? My friend has the ComPilot and the SPs and has been thinking about getting the remote mic to help in noisy situations but she can't decide.

Wondered if you could give your review on it and whether it is worth it etc? :ty:

Back