Should a pedophile be granted parental visits?

Citation, please. Your word doesn't account for much around here.

Houston Chronicle and every Houston news channel. You already knew thisbut had to make a silly point. Is everything a game with you?

Houston Chronicle and every Houston news channel. You already knew thisbut had to make a silly point. Is everything a game with you?

That is not a citation. Date, issue, author, etc. are needed so I can look it up.

This isn't a game. I want to view the article you referenced. What is your problem with providing your source? I can't trust that you have not twisted and misunderstood what you read, or that it applies to pedophillia at all.

What is your problem with providing your source?

This from the woman who puts "RFLOL" emoticons when she is asked to provide sources for her own statements? I'm surprised at you.

That is not a citation. Date, issue, author, etc. are needed so I can look it up.

This isn't a game. I want to view the article you referenced. What is your problem with providing your source? I can't trust that you have not twisted and misunderstood what you read, or that it applies to pedophillia at all.

If you want a first person account go to cindy.horswell@chron.com

Otherwise see: 2 more victims identified in Liberty Co. sex asault cases | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

In Jacksonville, we have many, many "hometown" newspapers, such as "The Justice Coalition" and "Mug Shots"....and many more, with pages full of Sex Offenders and Pedophiles... some who have absconded, and are being searched for, have a warrant for their arrest, due to them not registering and their where-abouts are unknown....

I have, for years, made it a "point" to reside where there are "no sex offenders allowed" to live. Still, they slip thru the cracks....at one time, there was one living across the street from me and one living next door!...One guy, age 30, had just served 10 years in prison and was living with his mother....

I promptly moved. Why?...I had 3 boys. And that man would come over in the yard, and "offer" my boys "25.00 each to mow his mother's lawn"....(that's $75.00)...and a small yard!...He also asked them if they would "trim his hair"...He never spoke to me at all!.....Just came into my yard whenever the boys were playing football......and whenever I would go out into the yard...he quietly "slipped away."......

Now that my boys are older and wiser...I don't worry so much...but again, I know that they are "no match" for a grown man, especially an ex-con....

This from the woman who puts "RFLOL" emoticons when she is asked to provide sources for her own statements? I'm surprised at you.

Different situation entirely. You asked for research, I asked where the news came from.

And I do share research. With those that are truly interested in reading and discussing it. Just don't waste my time providing it for those that are just playing that "I challange you" game.:cool2:

Shame that I am not in the least surprised at you. You are so predictable.

In Jacksonville, we have many, many "hometown" newspapers, such as "The Justice Coalition" and "Mug Shots"....and many more, with pages full of Sex Offenders and Pedophiles... some who have absconded, and are being searched for, have a warrant for their arrest, due to them not registering and their where-abouts are unknown....

I have, for years, made it a "point" to reside where there are "no sex offenders allowed" to live. Still, they slip thru the cracks....at one time, there was one living across the street from me and one living next door!...One guy, age 30, had just served 10 years in prison and was living with his mother....

I promptly moved. Why?...I had 3 boys. And that man would come over in the yard, and "offer" my boys "25.00 each to mow his mother's lawn"....(that's $75.00)...and a small yard!...He also asked them if they would "trim his hair"...He never spoke to me at all!.....Just came into my yard whenever the boys were playing football......and whenever I would go out into the yard...he quietly "slipped away."......

Now that my boys are older and wiser...I don't worry so much...but again, I know that they are "no match" for a grown man, especially an ex-con....

Children are assaulted by family members or friends of the family far, far more often than by a stranger. You need to watch your family, not strangers.

Many pedophiles have never touched a child. It is a psychiatric diagnosis. It is not a crime.

One reoffended, not both. And like I said, better be watching the people close to you and your kids, not strangers. A baseball ump.:cool2: But this doesn't disprove anything I have said about reoffending following treatment. You have shown me nothing that either one of them have ever been treated for a sexual disorder.

People that are friends or relative of the family are more likely to sexually assault a child within that circle, than a stranger.

People that are NOT on the sex offenders list are more likely to sexually assault a person, because they have not been caught yet and will continue to offend.

The ones they have NOT caught yet are the ones I am more worried about.

The ones that are listed we all can keep a weary eye on. It is the ones we dont know about is what scares me!!

One reoffended, not both. And like I said, better be watching the people close to you and your kids, not strangers. A baseball ump.:cool2: But this doesn't disprove anything I have said about reoffending following treatment. You have shown me nothing that either one of them have ever been treated for a sexual disorder.

That is because even someone with a "doctor" degree knows medical history is private. Do you share medical facts about others? Has someone accused you of doing so? Why the silly game playing by asking me to provide you with what you already know NO ONE is allow to?

That is because even someone with a "doctor" degree knows medical history is private. Do you share medical facts about others? Has someone accused you of doing so? Why the silly game playing by asking me to provide you with what you already know NO ONE is allow to?

What are you ranting about now? No one asked you to provide anyone's medical records. I'm just saying that your article does not mean anything. It is not a statement on how likely anyone is to reoffend.:roll:

Nor does it have anything to do with whether or not someone who has been diagnosed with pedophillia should have visitation rights with their child.

What are you ranting about now? No one asked you to provide anyone's medical records. I'm just saying that your article does not mean anything. It is not a statement on how likely anyone is to reoffend.:roll:

Nor does it have anything to do with whether or not someone who has been diagnosed with pedophillia should have visitation rights with their child.

"You have shown ME nothing that either one of them have been treated for a sexual disorder."

If that is not a request for medical history, just what is it?

"You have shown ME nothing that either one of them have been treated for a sexual disorder."

She's exposing a readership bias through a person's interpretation of what the media intentionally or unintentionally left out.

Why are you repeating what I just said?

Nope, not a request for medical history. Just saying that your article does not have enough information to be useful for anything and is full of your own biased misinterpretation.

She's exposing a readership bias through a person's interpretation of what the media intentionally or unintentionally left out.

I didn't think I was speaking Prussian. Now I know I wasn't.:P

She wanted an ARTICLE citation, not medical history. An article that was relevant to this thread.

Why are you repeating what I just said?

Nope, not a request for medical history. Just saying that your article does not have enough information to be useful for anything and is full of your own biased misinterpretation.

Then why did you say....."YOU have shown ME nothing..."?

She wanted an ARTICLE citation, not medical history. An article that was relevant to this thread.

And I gave it to her and she looked at it and then wanted medical. I never said these two guys had been treated, only that they have a "history"
As far as relevant to the thread, this shows crime against kids happen everyday and no "treatment" is going to stop it.

Back