Short interview

1. Your first name: Amanda
2. Your age: 19
3. Were you born Deaf? yes
---- 3 a. If not, what age did you become Deaf and what caused it?
4. Are there any other Deaf in your family? no
---- 4 a. If you are married, is your spouse deaf? aint married
---- 4 b. If you have children, are they Deaf? 1 child, hearing
---- 4 c. Would you prefer your children to be Hearing or Deaf or does it matter? doesnt matter
5. Were you mainstreamed or did you go to a residential school? grew up in deaf school up until high school, i mainstream. Quit high school. Long story.
6. When did you learn Sign (or are you Oral)? I do both.
7. Does your family Sign with you? 1 sister
8. What kind of work do you do? Being a mom
---- 8 a. Does anyone at work Sign with you? If not, how do you communicate with co-workers?
9. Do you get frustrated with Hearing people who either don’t know Sign or are not good with their sign? Yes
10. How do you deal with daily communication issues? (Like needing to ask a question in a store. Ex. Do you write your question down on paper?) I use speaking commuication if not understanding, I ask again or write on paper
11. Have you ever had a bad interpreter, or one you felt uncomfortable with (Ex. My professor is Deaf and her first OB/Gyn appointment, her interpreter was male and it was too late to get another one) I hated my interpreter in mainstream school and bad services to provide interpreter. I luv Maine service. :( I live in RI now. I miss it there.

Should have add SEX ......... to know which male/female they are because sometimes name can be misunderstanding. :D Like 1 example, both sexes can have name as ALEX, RYAN, SAM.....etc etc name. :D

1. Your first name: Nassim
2. Your age: 22
3. Were you born Deaf? YES
4. Are there any other Deaf in your family? NOPE
---- 4 a. If you are married, is your spouse deaf? divorced - he was hearing.
---- 4 b. If you have children, are they Deaf? NO kids
---- 4 c. Would you prefer your children to be Hearing or Deaf or does it matter? Hearing
5. Were you mainstreamed or did you go to a residential school? Mainstreamed
6. When did you learn Sign (or are you Oral)? Oral and learned sign at college
7. Does your family Sign with you? NO
8. What kind of work do you do? Student
---- 8 a. Does anyone at work Sign with you? If not, how do you communicate with co-workers? Yes - internship with voc. rehab
9. Do you

Back