Sharing Farm... Or your own?

Would be nice to see some actual pictures of what vertical farms would look like.

Got that information at work but I think it's too much for just two people, better if family chip in money together to get their share from this farm share. IF big family, perfect.

I agreed that we should make our own garden this year because of the ridiculous costs anything from the stores, gas, and electricity.

I am so mad that my neighbor hired a professional to put poison on their lawn and backyard. What fucking idiots! It's because my garden is next to the property line.

I always conserve many trees in my one acre backyard. I might have no choice to cut down two big trees due bending down toward to my house. Many of my neighbors with one or more acres have cut all the trees on their property. They are so fussy about cutting their grass two or three times per week, and they are crazy.

It is the best for you guys to buy organic seeds, not hybrid seeds - the hybrid seeds are engineered by manufacturers as well-known bad Monsanto Company. I might consider to buy a few chickens and one rooster to take care of bugs in my backyard especially garden. ;) Isn't that a good idea?

^^ Wow, a vertical farm...that sounds really something! It will save a lot of space that way.

I want to build one in my backyard! I can feed all of my neighbors at a low cost and earn money. :giggle:

I'm sure there are many local groups who already do this. I know a group of my friends is in the process of starting their own collective.

I don't know where you are, but here where I am in Florida there are tons of farmers markets. Locally grown food. The food is far superior to the GM grown crap in our supermarkets. Taste much better, at least that's what I've noticed. I'm a strawberry fiend. When I buy strawberries at the supermarket they taste so bland compared to the organically grown strawberries at the fruit stand. The cost is usually greater in the supermarkets for me also.

I don't know if I could keep a garden. First off I have a black thumb, but am willing to work to turn it green. The main problem I see around here is stray cats and racoons. How do you keep them away?

I have been dreaming about having own garden, fruit trees, whatever plenty of foods that I can get right from my yard and get the most of the foods from my yard than those I got from the store which I think it could save the earth and the amounts of foods in the world.

I know not everyone would willing to do this, till I read this article, it seems so good idea about the farm share which owner of the farm sell to allow the buyer to use the farm for up to 25 weeks.

I'm sure there are many local groups who already do this. I know a group of my friends is in the process of starting their own collective.

I don't know where you are, but here where I am in Florida there are tons of farmers markets. Locally grown food. The food is far superior to the GM grown crap in our supermarkets. Taste much better, at least that's what I've noticed. I'm a strawberry fiend. When I buy strawberries at the supermarket they taste so bland compared to the organically grown strawberries at the fruit stand. The cost is usually greater in the supermarkets for me also.

I don't know if I could keep a garden. First off I have a black thumb, but am willing to work to turn it green. The main problem I see around here is stray cats and racoons. How do you keep them away?

I have seen some companies' ad that sell water motion detectors for deers and raccoons. I may think that the cats are not quite a problem. It might be good for them to keep wild small animals out who are trying to eat your vegetables in the garden at nights. My neighbor has a cat and comes to my garden often to look for birds or frogs. I hope that the frogs are still around because I have a small plastic pond for them.

My sister is thinking about buying a small farm in Florida next year. If I stay at her house and make a garden, how can I deal with the "camouflaged" alligators?

I live in Vancouver, Washington where there's lot of strawberry, apple trees, pear trees, tomatos etc. About the raccoon situation, I would recommend to have a electric fence like my parents did to their pond, once my parents put the electric fence on the pond then the raccoon haven't come back to the pond unless if my parents forgot to turn the electric fence on. The electric fence don't have to be so tall or expensive, all you need is just a string, put it on the border of the garden and plug it in. Also having a hunter dog will help alot with the raccoon issues.

I have seen some companies' ad that sell water motion detectors for deers and raccoons. I may think that the cats are not quite a problem. It might be good for them to keep wild small animals out who are trying to eat your vegetables in the garden at nights. My neighbor has a cat and comes to my garden often to look for birds or frogs. I hope that the frogs are still around because I have a small plastic pond for them.

My sister is thinking about buying a small farm in Florida next year. If I stay at her house and make a garden, how can I deal with the "camouflaged" alligators?

See my reply to Akoutsourais, it's the best suggestion of mine about any animals issues against the garden or farms.

I live in Vancouver, Washington where there's lot of strawberry, apple trees, pear trees, tomatos etc. About the raccoon situation, I would recommend to have a electric fence like my parents did to their pond, once my parents put the electric fence on the pond then the raccoon haven't come back to the pond unless if my parents forgot to turn the electric fence on. The electric fence don't have to be so tall or expensive, all you need is just a string, put it on the border of the garden and plug it in. Also having a hunter dog will help alot with the raccoon issues.

See my reply to Akoutsourais, it's the best suggestion of mine about any animals issues against the garden or farms.

That is a good idea for the electric fence, and I did not think of that one. How about a solar electric box to connect the fences? A few years ago, I bought the solar electric box for my sister's horses which is successful.

I am just wondering does your town has many ponds? I would definitely get the electric box if I have a problem with the raccoons. I always put some ribbons on the aluminum wires for a vision.

I heard that if someone who has a pacemaker and get a little shock that killed the pacemaker device from the electric fence that can sue the owner of the electric fence. That's why I have to put the ribbons on the wires and the warning signs.

Off subject: I personally like these products: Parker McCrory Mfg Co , Electric Deer Fence Chargers - Solar Powered , PTESB2 Solar electric fence energiser , Zareba: Fence Systems: Fence Components

That is a good idea for the electric fence, and I did not think of that one. How about a solar electric box to connect the fences? A few years ago, I bought the solar electric box for my sister's horses which is successful.

I am just wondering does your town has many ponds? I would definitely get the electric box if I have a problem with the raccoons. I always put some ribbons on the aluminum wires for a vision.

I heard that if someone who has a pacemaker and get a little shock that killed the pacemaker device from the electric fence that can sue the owner of the electric fence. That's why I have to put the ribbons on the wires and the warning signs.

Off subject: I personally like these products: Parker McCrory Mfg Co , Electric Deer Fence Chargers - Solar Powered , PTESB2 Solar electric fence energiser , Zareba: Fence Systems: Fence Components

Solar power with electric fence sounds so good idea! :) Yes, alot of people in my city have the pond, especailly if you are in the richy suburb area, but surprisely not many of them have anything that stop raccoon from killing the fishes.

Those links you showed are good links! It's interesting produce :D

Back