Self-portraits

AmyCy

Reaction score
Both paintings are oil on canvas. I thought the first painting is appropriate for this website. I was trying to pose like the Girl With Pearl Earring. The second was a project for my life painting class, I had to do a portrait including a hand (i'm brushing my teeth in the painting, hah). Let me know what you think. :)

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 40
  • TEETH.jpg
    TEETH.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 41
Very nice, and very brave most women don't post self portraits of them brushing their teeth . LOL..... seriously they are nice paintings

Very good, sharp and well defined detail--you obviously have the expressive skills to do this and it's definitely to be commended! Well done and continue to enjoy creating many more-- ;)

~RR

;)

An idea for next self-portrait....take the word 'tooth' out and try that. ;) (i.e.: tooth-brush )

:D
~RR

Beautiful work. You got some talent. Are you going to sell your paintings? Do you paint something else besides self-portraits?

Nice paintings. Both paintings are very good. I like the first painting better though, because I like the theme, colours and the natural pose. It also looks sharp and detailed, yet not over done. Your second painting uses a lot of rich colours, which still looks good. I can only say that in comparison to your first painting, your second painting seems to have lost definition around your nose. And, your pupils are bit small, which doesn't look natural.

I guess it was quite awkward for you to take a picture of yourself whilst brushing your teeth? :)

Anyway, I can honestly say that you are a good artist. I can't paint or draw portraits, but, I do have good attention to detail. :) Keep practising. You're doing great! :)

Wow! Nice paintings! :)

Both paintings are oil on canvas. I thought the first painting is appropriate for this website. I was trying to pose like the Girl With Pearl Earring. The second was a project for my life painting class, I had to do a portrait including a hand (i'm brushing my teeth in the painting, hah). Let me know what you think. :)
Wow they are very good paintings.... I remembered during in college.. in one of classes I attended... one guy painted beautiful painting.. he said he used the toothbrushes and toothpastes and food colors to paint the piciture... it was beautiful...

on first art, I find excellent details show every hair around your neck.

on second art, I wasn't sure because my eyes were catch on arm hang up, that feel not quiet right. since it been mix between toilet and your arm. That is more like color between back and your arm would need fix.

otherwise, it's classic artwork, you have, girl.

I did have a Deviant Art site for a while- i left it and now I am considered a "banned deviant"- which is pretty funny. I have a flickr account now (flickr.com/cyb0rg). And my works are sometimes shown around at school (i go to an art school), I just thought I share a few here on AllDeaf.

I did have a Deviant Art site for a while- i left it and now I am considered a "banned deviant"- which is pretty funny. I have a flickr account now (flickr.com/cyb0rg). And my works are sometimes shown around at school (i go to an art school), I just thought I share a few here on AllDeaf.

Why did you get banned?

I cancelled my account. And whenever someone does that- they list you as a banned deviant. AmyKeuter on deviantART (look at the status in the upper left corner)

One of my friends googled me and that popped up. He was like "What the hell did you do that was so bad!?!?"

I wish it was because of something awesome and controversial. But no. I just cancelled the account.

I cancelled my account. And whenever someone does that- they list you as a banned deviant. AmyKeuter on deviantART (look at the status in the upper left corner)

One of my friends googled me and that popped up. He was like "What the hell did you do that was so bad!?!?"

I wish it was because of something awesome and controversial. But no. I just cancelled the account.

Well that's stupid to ban someone for canceling an account as punishment :-/

Back