Save My VRS

It is not about whining, it is about these hearing people don't damn understand that the sense that we have lost and can not be replaced or substitute with something else that is "Audio". They kept trying to make you able to hear and speak without them having to adapt you. In other word, it sounded like the crystal clear sounds is a mandatory where video is not even requirement for them.

If we stand up and make ourselves clear, we need is VISUAL not Audio.

Oh, thanks for the "cliff notes" yea you are right that having VRS is really convenient. Hope they will make reasonable proposal for them to agree that we deafies do rely on video phoen rather than tty or whatever in letters.

So far i know four vrs are alive, sorenson, Z, convo and purple 3. I know there are two more VR that i can't remember. wish all of them to get along well to each other and work together in order to convince FCC that they are really essential to Deafies/Hohs. Thanks.

Exactly, the problem is the port itself. Right now there is NO registered offical ports for video to use. They have specific ports already registered for audio (Sounds) only. No VRS can official register one of ports, it has to go though International level, the committee called IANA, I am not sure the full name of it but they are responsible for Internet connection for specific application being used. VRS is an application, video is another application, audio is another application too. They are not compatible and not interchangeable. What CAAGVRS said Platform, which I see that registering port is part of platform that all VRS can use it to plug in but keep their own design and features. Anyway, none of them are official recognized in Internet world so create a platform is next to impossible. That is until IANA approved and register approximately 100 ports dedicated for Video and VRS with audio, so that it will apply to VRS, captionCall, TTY relay, IP relay and so forth, with possible result that FCC can tap on specific ports that VRS requires to use to count the minutes and monitor who they connect from and to, thus reduce the fraud.

So far i know four vrs are alive, sorenson, Z, convo and purple 3. I know there are two more VR that i can't remember. wish all of them to get along well to each other and work together in order to convince FCC that they are really essential to Deafies/Hohs. Thanks.

Exactly, the problem is the port itself. Right now there is NO registered offical ports for video to use. They have specific ports already registered for audio (Sounds) only. No VRS can official register one of ports, it has to go though International level, the committee called IANA, I am not sure the full name of it but they are responsible for Internet connection for specific application being used. VRS is an application, video is another application, audio is another application too. They are not compatible and not interchangeable. What CAAGVRS said Platform, which I see that registering port is part of platform that all VRS can use it to plug in but keep their own design and features. Anyway, none of them are official recognized in Internet world so create a platform is next to impossible.

Yeah. I understand. Otherwise your posts, carry on and ignore my previous whining post. HA but keep posting if we all need to know and just speak out, hopefully FCC read our posts. :ugh3:

Wow your right, FCC should have remain neutral. Greg didn't fully say the name of VRS but was hesitated in the middle of "CSD and VRS", interesting. I don't think Greg is revealing enough what is really going on.

greg mention zvrs because z filed in public domain

I am laughing at CrazyPaul. ZVRS stood up for not like other VRS trying to hide the information. Therefore you Paul like cheater like others. Wake up let it be CLEAN and honest.

I agree with radioman. The only exception is with open source. At this point in time, the real voice relay service is the best you can get and the same can be said for the Sorenson voice message service. They are using real people and you can't get any better than that right now. This cost more and that is most likely what Sorenson is fighting to maintain.

I get good service from the company, but, in the end, they are not above the law. I'm not sure the petition is even going to do any good.

ZVRS emailed me said:

"offer Free Z-Ojo with switch from your VP200".."

*NEW*Z-20 (a non portable video phone) If you switch from Sorenson VRS provider to ZVRS - Can Qualify for FREE Z20!".....

"PLUS with your Z phone switch, you’ll also get for FREE"

I said like groans...

Back