Routers for VP-200????

Go ahead and try it, Rockdrummer. If you figure it out then please post instructions. I've tried just about every possible setting and I couldn't get it to work consistently. It would only work sometimes.

I gave up and got a D-Link.

Exactly! Sorenson used to post router compatiblity chart in their website. Not anymore.

Go ahead and try it, Rockdrummer. If you figure it out then please post instructions. I've tried just about every possible setting and I couldn't get it to work consistently. It would only work sometimes.

I am not saying that it will definetly work. You didn't get what I said, once I get VP-200 and I am going to find out if two can work or not. The Sorenson tech told me that they have redesign the connection to solve several of customers complaint. So, I am not sure exact what their new configuration is yet. Because I don't have vp-200, and I can't be too sure yet. My instict says that it won't work... BUT never know!

oh here we goes again. two vp still not work on one router

See? You don't get it right! 192.168.0.xxx is NAT address! Not many people know the difference between static and DHCP address. Do you have any clue to the fact that some ISP *DO* provide the static address at additional fee??? That 192.168.0.125 you just mentioned is NOT static IP address. It is just a default NAT IP address.

If you want to find out more, check your ISP website to see if they offer static IP address, and see if there is additional fees for that, usually under business category instead of residential category.

you mean wan static ip. ok, you set router with wan static ip.
use dhcp on vp200 at first then change to static ip at 125.

static ip on vp is usual 192.168.0.125

You get it wrong again! I said VP-100 that is made by Dlink and that the router I mean is Linksys, get it? VP-100 and DVC-1000 are made by same company! Dlink of course!

huh? dont beleive you. dhb says dlink router, me say the same

You get it wrong again! I said VP-100 that is made by Dlink and that the router I mean is Linksys, get it? VP-100 and DVC-1000 are made by same company! Dlink of course!

He is right! Look at website of DLINK. It is same design as vp-100. Now VP-200 is not dlink, and I thought maybe it will work all brand of routers like Linksys, netgear, dlink, etc.

I talked to vp installer, they recommended is DLINK.

See? You don't get it right! 192.168.0.xxx is NAT address! Not many people know the difference between static and DHCP address. Do you have any clue to the fact that some ISP *DO* provide the static address at additional fee??? That 192.168.0.125 you just mentioned is NOT static IP address. It is just a default NAT IP address.

If you want to find out more, check your ISP website to see if they offer static IP address, and see if there is additional fees for that, usually under business category instead of residential category.

fawk you wrong you put in 192.168.0.125 in vp right? that IS static IP, not dhcp address

in vp you uncheck obtain ip address auto, right? this static ip

if vp got ip from router, then it DHCP and NAT adderess

dhcp means automatic ip

you put in ip address in any computer or vp behind a router then that ip is static AND NAT address. duh

you want static WAN IP, fawk, get it from ISP! duh
DHCP Vs. Static see third pargraph

Last edited:
He is right! Look at website of DLINK. It is same design as vp-100. Now VP-200 is not dlink, and I thought maybe it will work all brand of routers like Linksys, netgear, dlink, etc.

I talked to vp installer, they recommended is DLINK.

go talk back your isntaller, dlink router work, but soresnon give out thier version router SR200

I am not saying that it will definetly work. You didn't get what I said, once I get VP-200 and I am going to find out if two can work or not. The Sorenson tech told me that they have redesign the connection to solve several of customers complaint. So, I am not sure exact what their new configuration is yet. Because I don't have vp-200, and I can't be too sure yet. My instict says that it won't work... BUT never know!

you instinct is RIGHT beause each vp need one public IP address

so two vp 100 or vp 200 stll WONT work at all with one public address

want bet?

Nah, not all new linksys will work with vp. Go find out yourself.

fawk diehardbiker not accurate informtaion

right not all linksys router will work with vp

many many linksys routers not work with vp

from soresnon web
The following is a list of routers that have been successfully used with the Sorenson VP-100:
Linksys
• Linksys BEFSR41
• Linksys BEFSR81

dfk747 very good smart answer

Really? Interesting how you think. Sorry man! you don't know what my creditianals are! I was a close to straight A student, and that was especially when it comes to hardware and networking. I even had done some networking installations for few companies that deals 100+ computers. Some of your info is incorrect, and you STILL don't get what I am trying to explain. Again, NOT ALL IP addresses from ISP is DHCP!, You could say 95% if the time you'd see its DHCP, but me, I have seen Static WAN IP addresses! Whats more, you can only set NAT address, either way Static, DHCP, or StaticDHCP IP! What I find very realiable one in NAT assignment is Static-DHCP addressing! Not all router have that feature, and Dlink is one that got this feature.

you know a lot about vp amd network? total :bsflag:

Linksys

Hello,

I have two friends current using linksys with Sorenson Videophone. I see no SR-200 and their are total fine. I guess they update that address problem.

Why.. gee...

Were they using Linksys with CISCO trademark on their router? Or they upgraded the firmware with the router? If none of this true, then will work with VP.

Hello,

I have two friends current using linksys with Sorenson Videophone. I see no SR-200 and their are total fine. I guess they update that address problem.

Why.. gee...

I would love to try it and as soon as I get my vp-200 I am gonna. I will be more than happy to post my results.

fawk diehardbiker not accurate informtaion

right not all linksys router will work with vp

many many linksys routers not work with vp

from soresnon web
The following is a list of routers that have been successfully used with the Sorenson VP-100:
Linksys
• Linksys BEFSR41
• Linksys BEFSR81

That's correct. Problem those routers are wired. I was looking for linksys wireless.. That is why it won't work with vp-100.

So I got di-624 wireless work with vp-100.

Back