Routers for D-Link VP-1000??

okla-coda

Reaction score
Well, I did it. .. I got the D-Link!! Router?? :rl:
I did not do my homework before I bought the D-Link.

I went to the store yesterday, Circuit City, and the kid says this will work.:deal: It is "D-Link wireless G router, WBR-1310". What do you think. .. .I could use some help from experienced computer guys out there instead of paying some kid to come to connect it up.

They did not have the DI-604, I am impatient to see my folks before Christmas so I bought the wireless. Is wireless good for video phone or better straight connection??

:ty: in advance!

sksk

"You can" note the quote... really it means you can but do not expect it to be realiable. Wireless with VP known to be notoriously unreliable. We adviced against using wireless connection with VP. You still can use this wireless router but need cable to connect straight, and use wireless for lappy.

Well, I did it. .. I got the D-Link!! Router?? :rl:
I did not do my homework before I bought the D-Link.

I went to the store yesterday, Circuit City, and the kid says this will work.:deal: It is "D-Link wireless G router, WBR-1310". What do you think. .. .I could use some help from experienced computer guys out there instead of paying some kid to come to connect it up.

They did not have the DI-604, I am impatient to see my folks before Christmas so I bought the wireless. Is wireless good for video phone or better straight connection??

:ty: in advance!

sksk

That is the router I use. (WBR-1310) Yes it wil work. You need to set up the 192.168.0.125 in the DMZ. Setup wireless security and you should be fine. If yyou have specific questions I can help.

edit to add: best use wired straight to router, not wireless. To do wireless with the DVC-1000 requires more equipment and it doesn't work well.

That is the router I use. (WBR-1310) Yes it wil work. You need to set up the 192.168.0.125 in the DMZ. Setup wireless security and you should be fine. If yyou have specific questions I can help.

Thanks dkf747, I was going crazy with trying to get into that number. I hope it works. .. . I am at work now so I cant try it right now. I was on the phone to D-Link yesterday and still I am not hooked up correctly. I had a hard time finding my IP address, I still don't think I have the right one.

I explained that I was using d-link wbr-1310, and the D-link guy said "no need for the router, just hook it straight into my broadband ethernet cable straight into my motorella modem". Does this sound right?? (I have old computer and does not use ethernet cables)

I am going crazy with this thing. .:pissed: .I can't wait to try your suggestion, dkf747, thanks again!!

later,
sksk

Thanks dkf747, I was going crazy with trying to get into that number. I hope it works. .. . I am at work now so I cant try it right now. I was on the phone to D-Link yesterday and still I am not hooked up correctly. I had a hard time finding my IP address, I still don't think I have the right one.

I explained that I was using d-link wbr-1310, and the D-link guy said "no need for the router, just hook it straight into my broadband ethernet cable straight into my motorella modem". Does this sound right?? (I have old computer and does not use ethernet cables)

If you want to use a computer and a VP on the same broadband line then you need the router. If all you want is the vp, then you don't need the router. It's up to you. I recommend using the router.

I am going crazy with this thing. .:pissed: .I can't wait to try your suggestion, dkf747, thanks again!!

later,
sksk

To set up your router: (computer needs to be connected to router via ethernet cable)
1. Open a new browser window.
2. type "192.168.0.1" into address bar and click the go button or hit enter. (don't use the "")
3. click "Netwrok settings" on the left
4 click "advanced" on the top
5 click "firewall settings" on the left
6. Under DMZ check the enable box and put address "192.168.0.125" without quotes in DMZ IP address box.
7 click "save settings"

I am assuming the dhcp and other settings are already correct. If not, I can help there too.

On the VP in the network settings you need to be sure to set the IP to 192.168.0.125, the subn3t mask to: 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 I'm using the VP-100 for reference as my DVC-1000 is currently in a box.

Public IP set to use detected IP. If router is correctly set up the VP will detect your public IP.

If you use the wireless you're going to need to set up the security on it.

Back