Ronald McDonald: Joystick jockey

illustrator

Reaction score
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - I never would have pictured Ronald McDonald as a gamer.

Grimace? Sure. He's got the physique of someone who has spent a few too many hours sitting on the couch mashing gamepad buttons. Hamburglar? Undoubtedly, he's consulting with Eidos on the upcoming "Thief 3". And I'd easily believe Mayor McCheese logs a few hours per day playing "SimCity 4".

But Ronald? He just doesn't seem the type.

Apparently, though, my fellow redhead has been sneaking in a few rounds between Big Macs. And it appears he's enjoying it. The company bearing his name has been taking a more active interest in the video gaming industry over the past few months.

The perked up interest started last September, when Electronic Arts (ERTS: Research, Estimates) announced it had struck a multi-million dollar placement deal with the fast food giant which would allow players of "The Sims Online" to 'buy' a Mickey D's within the game and sell the company's products to earn "simoleans" (the game's currency). What's more, eating McDonald's (MCD: Research, Estimates) foods in the game improves your character's standing.

~> Complete story, here

sorry to say this, I'm veryyyy against McDonald. :-D but if have NO choice, I'll eat there but I'll digest with hatred :-D

Originally posted by jamesx007
sorry to say this, I'm veryyyy against McDonald. :-D but if have NO choice, I'll eat there but I'll digest with hatred :-D

Jimmy! You just insulted my favorite fast food place!!!

NOW that's going too far!!

Personally, I have a big problem with McD's. McD's is a greedy corporation that makes money off killing people with its additive-laced food.

Don't forget the fact that the greedy Golden Arches also engages in destroying the environment and crushing people with lawsuits in order to serve their shitty food to the unsuspecting, ignorant public.... as well as treat their so-called "smiling" employees like shit while paying them as low as they legally can. (Have you ever seen an actual smiling employee in a McDonald's restaurant? I don't mean the ones that are retarded or airheads..)

"We love to see you smile...," says Mickey D's in the commercials - but what they left out is the rest of the quote: "... because we know when you smile, that means you'll be coming back to shell out more money and make us richer!":liar:

Anyway, I love playing The Sims on PS2. If they do tie in McD's products in the online version, I ain't gonna be a part of that damned game.

That's yet another example of consumer-brainwashing that McDonald's loves to engage in as a pasttime. (For example, McD's market cheap toys in the Happy Meals in order to get kids wailing to force parents to finally give in and repeatedly flush hard-earned money down into the Golden Arches toilet.... and much, much more....)

FUCK MCDONALD's!!!! I never buy their shit, and never will!

BOYCOTT MCD's!!!!:madfawk:

Last edited:
when you play the sims, you should make your character to burn mcd's down. :mrgreen: no calling fireman!

Re: NOW that's going too far!!

Originally posted by DeafDot

FUCK MCDONALD's!!!! I never buy their shit, and never will!

Will you buy a comic book from a guy who's last name is McDonald?

Back