Rockland Psychiatric Center

DavidJ

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Rockland Psychiatric Center in New York?

I have some general questions about the place and some specific ones relating to interpreting services.

If you're uncomfortable responding on a public forum, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

DJ

I would suggest you contact Rockland to ask questions regarding their services. Asking people here to make statements regarding their experience at Rockland is a breach of the patient's confidentiality. Really not necessary to ask people to do that to themselves when you can get the information you need from the center. Or from professionals that refer to that particular center.

What breach? If someone wants to talk about their experience there, that's their choice. It's their experience. No breach.

What breach? If someone wants to talk about their experience there, that's their choice. It's their experience. No breach.

I have to agree with Jillio. It is very confidential to the people who might have experienced being in a mental hospital. I don't understand why you can not ask Psychiatric hospital about interpreting services there. Maybe you can ask someone from the interpreting services from the New York Hearing Society, but not the people who are patients. It does not hurt to ask the head of interpreting service or interpreters instead of here. :hmm:

Does anyone have experience with Rockland Psychiatric Center in New York?

I have some general questions about the place and some specific ones relating to interpreting services.

If you're uncomfortable responding on a public forum, please e-mail me.

Thanks,

DJ

It's best to get that info from the hospital itself. Not here.

Who exactly, are you to ask someone to release such personal information to you? It is really rude and thoughtless of you to even request such a thing on a public forum.

And it is a breach. Suppose you got ahold of someone who had a mental disorder that was of such a degree that they did not fully realize the possible consequences of revealing this information? You have breached their trust and their confidence. Professionals in the field abide by a code of ethics that prevents such from happening. Obviously you have no such professional code of ethics.

Go to the source. Contact Rockland, and stop preying on those with a mental health diagnosis.

Who exactly, are you to ask someone to release such personal information to you? It is really rude and thoughtless of you to even request such a thing on a public forum.

And it is a breach. Suppose you got ahold of someone who had a mental disorder that was of such a degree that they did not fully realize the possible consequences of revealing this information? You have breached their trust and their confidence. Professionals in the field abide by a code of ethics that prevents such from happening. Obviously you have no such professional code of ethics.

Go to the source. Contact Rockland, and stop preying on those with a mental health diagnosis.

Thankfully, he can't receive PMs. He would have to get info in public. You'd be on that like white on rice! :laugh2:

Back