Richmond VA Hearie

zeebo

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Zannah, and I'm fully hearing. I was lucky enough to be thrown into the Deaf community when I was living in Storrs, CT, and I just love ASL and Deaf culture. My ASL is weak, but I'm going to silent lunches and dinners in my area, so it's a work in progress. I just wanted to give a wave and a tip o' the hat to all y'all! (I don't have any ulterior motives- not taking any ASL classes or writing any papers or, um, whatever people do. Just trying to make friends!) I am very visual, which might be one reason I love Deaf culture so much- for example, I usually get the most out of movies with subtitles turned on, and I am frequently frustrated by the half-assing so many media organizations give their subtitles.

I'm a doula, which means I support women through labor and birth. I think I have the best job ever! I grew up in a medical family- my mom is a doctor and my older brother is a nurse, and one of my big things is working for equal access to health care. I'm pretty much a hippie. It's terrible!

My two roomies and I have four cats, three of whom have namesigns(because they were with me in CT.) In our house we like to read, talk and cook- and we only make a little trouble. Okay, maybe a lot of trouble!

Thanks for reading all my babble. Nice to meet you all!

Hello welcome to alldeaf Zannah
I understand you pretty normal on weak on it is lots of depend on weak ASL!
how long you ASl, you want to learn ASL :)!!

Back