Report: Vista more secure than OS X and Linux

I would stay away from Vista... My personal opinion for what it's worth. To many problems and the OS is waaaaaay to locked down. DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a scary proposition. It pretty much has failed for Sony but now MS is trying to embrace it. UGH!!!!!

Windows Vista's biggest problem | Windows Vista for Beginners

Windows Vista's biggest problem

Very confuse...SAd?
Thats funny because drivers are always an issue when a new OS is released. What happened to plug and play... Or as I call it... plug and pray. Also I believe what is percieved to be application incompatability can be attributed to DRM. I have yet to install Vista and start poking around with it. I never jump on an operating system (especially Microsoft) when it first hits the street.

Thats funny because drivers are always an issue when a new OS is released. What happened to plug and play... Or as I call it... plug and pray. Also I believe what is percieved to be application incompatability can be attributed to DRM. I have yet to install Vista and start poking around with it. I never jump on an operating system (especially Microsoft) when it first hits the street.

Really funny thing my coworker who got Vista since Jan and he plugged Zune to Vista and driver do not found. HE just like bitch! Zune is make from same company as Vista! So he have to download from internet to get it work.

Still too early to determine, I'd rather wait couple years before being too sure

Really funny thing my coworker who got Vista since Jan and he plugged Zune to Vista and driver do not found. HE just like bitch! Zune is make from same company as Vista! So he have to download from internet to get it work.

M$ didn't make Zune (hardware), they produce software, and yet, you may be right, they should get software update already.

I would stay away from Vista... My personal opinion for what it's worth. To many problems and the OS is waaaaaay to locked down. DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a scary proposition. It pretty much has failed for Sony but now MS is trying to embrace it. UGH!!!!!

Yup same thing. I really hates DRM!!! They're evil. I'm sure M$ will lose once they embrace DRM. They can really destroy their own history archives if 10 to 20 years from now, those who want to know what Vista or any softwares that had DRM in. They won't be able to install and run software for historical display in Museum.. It's very much like Egyptian dies with their knowledge and we are left to figure out how they lived. Sad tho. DRM = GREED

As for Vista. I wait till M$ give in and fix Vista to allow anyone to use it unrestricted LOL.

Catty

Does Apple support DRM? is it existing on MacBook?

DRM has to be supported by the operating system and not so much the platform. The question is which version of Mac OS are you running. Then I can find out if it's a DRM operating system. I did read that Mac OS X is a DRM operating system. So if you are running Mac OS X then you are already dealing with DRM.

Here is a pretty good definition from Wickpedia of what Digital Rights Management is about Basically it's targeted to prevent unauthorized duplication of music, videos and the like. If it evolves it may start to include hardware most likely such as sound cards and video capture devices.

Yes, like iTune software ect. They supports DRM. That's all I know. Remmy that Apple iPod is DRM supported. But in Germany and other countries. Kids found their way to hack into DRM in iPod and able to remove it. They were able to copy any musics off from CDrom or download unrestricted. There were protest there and they volunteer to go to police station and told them that they hacked DRM and want to go to jail. Police said no don't want them go to jail cuz police don't wnat to jail too many people over DRM hack. Kids are trying to make Apple and other companies look bad over DRM. Currently, Music artist who used to support DRM now had changed of heart and they are against DRM cuz they don't want audience to blame them. It's RIAA and MPAA who made the idea and hired programmer who created DRM.. DRM is all about GREED period...

Catty

If I purchase a music CD legally, I should be able to play that music on any of the hardware that I spent my good money on. Including my ipod, my car stereo and my home stereo and my computer. If I purchase a song from itunes I should be able to play that song anywhere and not just on my ipod. This is where DRM becomes restrictive and why hopefully it will fail or at least be revised.

With DRM you are restricted on what you can play and where you can play it. To me that is wrong on many levels. Windows Vista is a DRM enabled operating system which in my opinion is only one of it's many problems.

If I purchase a music CD legally, I should be able to play that music on any of the hardware that I spent my good money on. Including my ipod, my car stereo and my home stereo and my computer. If I purchase a song from itunes I should be able to play that song anywhere and not just on my ipod. This is where DRM becomes restrictive and why hopefully it will fail or at least be revised.

With DRM you are restricted on what you can play and where you can play it. To me that is wrong on many levels. Windows Vista is a DRM enabled operating system which in my opinion is only one of it's many problems.

Second that! :rockon::rockon:

Oh, I remember about DRM.

DRM made numerous of old HDTV model (1998-2004) looks bad and unable to supprt HDMI or DVI, also no HDCP supported and HDTV was released with HDCP supported on HDMI in after 2004 or so. ICT was under DRM and would cause HD-DVD or BD to decline into 540p or under if use analog cable like component or VGA, also ICT is designed for HDMI and DVI to catch 1080p on BD or HD-DVD.

Technology looks not stable to me right now.

you almost have it Pacman. One thing I would point out is that DRM really has nothing to do with the signal quality (540p, HDMI, 1080i, DVI etc). HDMI and DVI are simply inputs into your HDTV so you can connect external devices that take advantage of the HD part of your TV. I could imagine that DRM could limit your access to those ports but it should have nothing to do with signal quality. The quality of the signal is dependant on two factors. The source of the signal (the transmitter) and the ability of the TV (the reciever). As an example, if a station broadcasts in 1080i and your HDTV is only capable of 540p, then you will only get 540p quality for that broadcast. Alternativly, if the source broadcasts in 540p and your TV is capable of 1080i, you will still only get maximum 540p. If the source broadcasts in 1080i and your tv is capable of 1080i, then you will get the high quality picture. I don't believe that DRM has anything to do with that process.

Sorry Neo, I know that is a bit off topic.

you almost have it Pacman. One thing I would point out is that DRM really has nothing to do with the signal quality (540p, HDMI, 1080i, DVI etc). HDMI and DVI are simply inputs into your HDTV so you can connect external devices that take advantage of the HD part of your TV. I could imagine that DRM could limit your access to those ports but it should have nothing to do with signal quality. The quality of the signal is dependant on two factors. The source of the signal (the transmitter) and the ability of the TV (the reciever). As an example, if a station broadcasts in 1080i and your HDTV is only capable of 540p, then you will only get 540p quality for that broadcast. Alternativly, if the source broadcasts in 540p and your TV is capable of 1080i, you will still only get maximum 540p. If the source broadcasts in 1080i and your tv is capable of 1080i, then you will get the high quality picture. I don't believe that DRM has anything to do with that process.

Sorry Neo, I know that is a bit off topic.

It wasn't applied for over the air shows.

ICT is applied for Blu-ray and HD-DVD.
Image Constraint Token - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the first report you posted, Neo, may be true but that's because there is a small audience using Micro$oft Vista. Not just that, but the author of that article is smoking crack and doesn't know what he is talking about. "Reduced Linux"? WTF? Of course a Reduced Linux is capable of making your computer vulnerable on the Internet, let alone letting an experienced hacker using your computer. So is he saying that he compared a fully loaded Vista installation to a Reduced Linux? That's bunch of BS there... That's because he knew that if he installed a fully-loaded Linux, it will completely sweep Vista off the charts and send it into extinction. He also works for Micro$oft and I don't care if he is claiming he is unbiased on this, but he truly is. Micro$oft is paying him $$$ to say Vista is good, Vista is awesome, Vista is THE answer to everything. Puh-lease... I've used Vista beta and only had it on my machine for one month and decided to kick it off my hard drive to keep it pristine because Vista is one big heap of virus or bloatware... Even XP and 2000 is much better than Vista on everything. After I scraped Vista off my hard drive, I installed XP and Ubuntu 6.06LTS on equal partitions and after that, I've been booting into Ubuntu and haven't really given XP a thought for booting into except when I need to use something that is not supported YET in Ubuntu. The key word here is YET... Ubuntu is capable of changing for the better (even though it's better already) and people are always finding fixes for user problems by the hour, even by the minute. It's not just Ubuntu, but most, if not all, of the distros out there are capable of that. It takes the "highly-trained" idiots at Micro$oft about 3 to 6 months, even worse, a year to release some fixes for some stuff... All I can say is... P A T H E T I C. So to wrap this up, Vista is broken, it will never be repaired and it has already rendered your hard drive as an artifact from the stone age.

I also feel sorry for the people who work at Micro$oft... They must be suffering right now. So sad... Well back to Ubuntu, I go!

Last edited:
I also feel sorry for the people who work at Micro$oft... They must be suffering right now. So sad... Well back to Ubuntu, I go!

Hee Hee Waaay to go Ubuntu!! I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn. Loving it EVERY MINUTES. And LINUX are SECURED!! M$ Vista are Too locked down. :rockon::rockon:

Catty

Back