Replacing Daughter's Hearing Aids

Deborah

Reaction score
Current hearing aids: Oticon Digifocus II

She LOVES her hearing aids and wants her new ones to be EXACTLY like these!

I LOVE these hearing aids because they are 12 years old! They have been repaired a few times and still are hanging in there! Just repaired one recently and finally am accepting that it is time to finally replace them--and now we have insurance that will pay up to $1,250 per hearing aid for a total of $2500 for a pair--what a difference!--when we got these in 2000, they cost about $3000 each/$6000 for the pair and NO insurance coverage!

My daughter is 17--will be 18 this year--she has a moderate to severe hearing loss--whatever "features" her hearing aids have now works for her--she takes them out and puts in earbuds to listen to her Ipod and computer directly(headphones right to ears instead of connecting devices to hearing aid)--she's not sure if she wants/needs to be able to connect her music/computer to hear hearing aids since this works for her--phone: uses a speakerphone at home, text messaging on cell phone, videophone for signing with friends, skype/oovoo/purple on computer, and even video chats with cellphone(using sign)--in other words, she doesn't seem to need any type of hearing aid connection when communicating by phone/computer.

She seems very happy with her current hearing aids but they won't last forever. I don't think they make Digifocus II anymore. I don't think she needs a lot of the "bells and whistles" some hearing aids have. What is the most comparable hearing aid to Digifocus II? I hope her new hearing aids will be as good as these and last as long! We like Oticon since these have lasted so long and she seems to love the way she hears with them. Once she tried her old Phonak analogs while the Oticons were being repaired--she did not like the way the Phonaks sounded. So, anyone know what replaced the Digifocus IIs? Are they as good?

Oticon Safari

yeah and I have those hearing aids and there are other hearing aids made by Oticon that is similar to the model that I have. plus just like your daughter, I have a moderate/severe loss so it works great for me

I actually had Siemens before Oticon and plus before I had my Safaris, I had an Oticon Gaia which I hated since it has no volume switch like my current aids right now LOL

I don't think she needs a lot of the "bells and whistles" some hearing aids have.
Deborah! Hi!!!!! Good to see you! How is your daughter doing at FSDB?
AND HALLAIJAH!!!!!!! It is VERY nice to see a post like this. It does seem like most of the bells and whistles are targeted towards late deaf people who absolutly cannot function without hearing at ALL. Either that or the "improvements" are equalivant to a "thinner screen for an IPhone"

Back