Rechargable battery & radiation compare to cellphone

Cochlear sells Retainer Discs for people that do not have a internal magnet for their cochlear implants useful for people that need frequent MRI scans.

Retainer Discs - 50 pack [fuz061] - $31.50 : Cochlear, Innovator of the Nucleus Freedom cochlear hearing implant system

Researchers are finding new uses for electromagnetic induction technology like lightbulbs in a room without being plugin. Radio Shack is selling a induction plate to charge your cell phones, MP3 players and Iphones all together without being tethered to a charger cord is just one example.

Duracell® myGrid™ Cellular Phone and MP3 Player Charger - RadioShack.com

I clearly have a magnet on the outside of internal processor inside my skull. Easy to feel the "jump" when external brought into place- then I can hear. In Chorost's book "Rebuilt" much discussion that evolved on using magnets rather than previously pierced skin to carry the radio waves to the internal processor. I am not sure if this is just an Advanced Bionics design-- which I have.

Advanced Bionics Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

They send signal to the magnetic piece...So is that radiation wave?

I certainly hope they don't go for bluetooth because of the security issue. makes me wonder if they can control what goes through your microphone.

Now If they put a bluetooth for waterproof processor (because the microphone can not get wet) as a spare processor designed specifically for swimming, I wouldn't mind.

Now, that is cool! Wouldn't have to worry if you get caught in a downpour.... :dance2:

The radiation is caused by wirless devices in the microwave range. I don't know that a CI would use anything wireless in this range.

:eek: Microwave? So, would the microwave ovens cause cancer too? Like if you're standing in front of the microwave oven waiting for it to warm up your coffee or whatever that doesn't take long. Even with the shielding, you're still exposed to the radiation.

Back