reccomend a laptop?

gnarlydorkette said:
Hmm... dilemma, dilemma! To accept Mommy's gift or stand up and pay for a measly laptop with no money... ARGH!

Probably, you should accept your Mommy's gift. Oblivious, she loves you. You get a iBook.

gnarlydorkette said:
I went to a local Frys and they don't have Dell or iBook for me to test out. But I saw something else that I like-- Compaq Presario X6000's shape (box-y and clean lines) is perfect for me. The size. the weight. Keyboard will be something for me to get used. What do you think about this PC?
Should I still give Dell Inspiron a try? I know what an iBook looks and feels like and I still like it.

arf! arf! try at Apple store, there are plenty iBook to test out.

woof woof! Try at the mega mall where they have small Dell store where you can test it out on their laptop.

bark bark! me want treat snack.

gnarlydorkette said:
Hm. My mother took notice of my clippings of all deals on laptops and asked me if I want one for christmas... she asked me if I want an iBOOK since it is the best laptop for graphic designers...
<snip!>
Hmm... dilemma, dilemma! To accept Mommy's gift or stand up and pay for a measly laptop with no money... ARGH!
I have two suggestions. Relying on yourself does not mean you should refuse a gift horse. Its a christmas gift after all. Don't discuss it, just accept it in the spirit its being given.

Second, as a graphic designer, even thinking about buying a PC is heresy. Macs traditionally have been the tool of designers because simply because they were the ONLY computers that could deal with all design issues (Font handling for one). While this has increasingly fallen by the way side, Windows still has many issues that make it unacceptable for a designer.

If money was no object... Powerbook!

Wow...Freebies....

If I were you, I would upgrade to high performance laptop.

You may need to update:
1. P4 CPU (Pretty expensive)
2. Seagate HDD (You may have lots of work to do. Your decision)
3. Memory Card: 1000MB PC2700 DDR333 SDRAM (Very easy to replace)
4. Motherboard: Naw, too much PIA....

Mods: Sorry Alex, you are more than welcome to remove pix but I do not see any company logo. Hee....

mld4ds said:

Wow...Freebies....

If I were you, I would upgrade to high performance laptop.

You may need to update:
1. P4 CPU (Pretty expensive)
2. Seagate HDD (You may have lots of work to do. Your decision)
3. Memory Card: 1000MB PC2700 DDR333 SDRAM (Very easy to replace)
4. Motherboard: Naw, too much PIA....

Mods: Sorry Alex, you are more than welcome to remove pix but I do not see any company logo. Hee....

Memory card (flash card) is for digital camera, video camera, etc.. It's RAM (random access memory) for computer hardware.

This is memory card
memcard_collage.jpg

This is RAM for desktop.

12310006.jpg

EDGE said:
arf! arf! try at Apple store, there are plenty iBook to test out.

woof woof! Try at the mega mall where they have small Dell store where you can test it out on their laptop.

bark bark! me want treat snack.
bone.jpg

Stay! To be good boy!

Well, no big deal. Next time, I will write RAM memory card, DDR memory card, etc...

I did not mention about digital camera for that exact memory card. Anybody would understand what I am talking about.

Thanks for your educational tip...

Back