Reason why being Deaf is great!

OH DAMN! This thread is still ALIVE?! Sheesh My posts in 2003 are still true! Love being DEAF! Woot! :)

MetroGuy03, your first post in here really cracks me up! I laugh hard until tears come out of my eyes! DAMN! LOL :thumb:

LMAO!!!!! Glad I can make you laugh! :)

:ty:

I noticed in other threads that u love skyscrapers. We can see the Baltimore Inner Harbor skyline from our house. It is georgous at night. :)

That's correct I love skyscrapers! :) Yeah? You're lucky! :) I used to live in the house that had killer view of San Diego skyline when I was young. I miss that view!

*I was being choke in my throat by tea as I drink the tea on the same time s I read your post*... :rofl:

:eek3::lol:

:rofl:

I'm telling ya Metro Guy should have put a koolaid warning on his post, :lol:

The best thing about being deaf is you can sit right by the band at the football game and it does not bother you one bit.

:rofl:

I also don't understand why the hearing people are so obessed about our deafness. I also don't understand why they won't use sign language as it is easier for them to sign than us to talk. I always turn off my hearing aids when driving as noises are very distracting. Bonus is that I get my beauty sleep.

That is because many hearing people couldn't imagine themselves being deaf like us. They are extremely dependants on their hearing such as talk, listening to the music, television, watch a movie at the theatres, etc. I can relate that because I grew up living in the silent world without hearing one sound until I got my cochlear implant and it changed everything. After three years of having cochlear implant, I became very dependant on hearing. I still consider myself as deaf person though. I can understand how hearing people feels. Many hearing people who are not educated about deaf people are tend freak out if they loses their hearing or having children who happens to be deaf and get them implant ASAP. Many hearing people thinks that sign language is so hard language to learn which is not really hard at all. Some of my relatives think ASL is difficult language. They're not really trying to learn it at all. That is their losses.

Back