Really painful ear after wearing my aids

Hannah louise

Reaction score
Hiya, in the last few days my left ear has become really painful. The pain goes after I take out my bte hearing aid. What could the problem be? Theres even a red mark on the fold with some blood on it- a cut.
Thanks for any answers!

Hiya, in the last few days my left ear has become really painful. The pain goes after I take out my bte hearing aid. What could the problem be? Theres even a red mark on the fold with some blood on it- a cut.
Thanks for any answers!

You ear needs some time to adjust to the constant wearing of your hearing aid. Where is the soreness? Inside the ear where the ear mold goes or on the outside?

Last edited:
Sounds like you don't have a well fitted ear mold. Is it new? If so, go back to your Audie and get a new one made...for free. In the meantime try something like neosporin on your ear mold.

If it's the mold try putting a small amount of vaseline on your ear to help reduce the rubbing sore. You may have to remove your hearing aid and let your soreness heal and put it in again, and repeat until your ear gets used to it. I remember doing that once I got a new ear mold.

There's various possibilities, if your mold is old and made out of silicone like..this tend to warped after it aged and can cause discomfort. Which means that it's time to get a new mold. If it's new, then go back to your audie and get it remade.

I get this quite often, take the mould back and get them to either modify the current one as somtimes with just a little sanding it can fix the problem or take new impressions.

I used neosporin + with pain relief. That made things more comfortable and healed the sore

I used neosporin + with pain relief. That made things more comfortable and healed the sore

Vaseline & Neosporin are really good!....Both can be used for a number of things and I always keep them in my medicine cabinet, several bottles/jars/tubes at a time.

I get this quite often, take the mould back and get them to either modify the current one as somtimes with just a little sanding it can fix the problem or take new impressions.

I use chain saw to give a little trimming around my mold.

I agree with everyone here, that's gotta be the earmolds.
if it's full colored, try considering going for the hypoallergenic clear ones like I have.

Make an appointment ASAP with whomever made your mold (s) and on the date start wearing your HI when you get up in the morning. Don't take them out at all. By the time you get to your appointment your ear(s) should be sore. This way the exact spot where the pressure is wil be seen and your mold (s) and be modified to give you a good fit.

I have very softest flexible mold (ultra soft silicone). Sparx company made a mold and hearing aid that doesn't bother or pain at all.

I have very softest flexible mold (ultra soft silicone). Sparx company made a mold and hearing aid that doesn't bother or pain at all.

Sometimes it depends on what you do. I have a very comfortable mold but when I play golf I have to remember to take it out after sand shots. Those grains of sand can cause a sore fast.

Sometimes it depends on what you do. I have a very comfortable mold but when I play golf I have to remember to take it out after sand shots. Those grains of sand can cause a sore fast.

My ear mold made very smoothly and clear see thru mold.

Back