Re-Thinking CI

I know of plenty of Neptune users who have gone swimming in lakes and oceans and pools without losing their processors. The clip really CLIPS.

Vise grips?

Pretty much. It was designed for being active. ...whether for swimming or playing ball. The clip is pretty strong. You can also ditch the clip and put it in a pouch or pocket. The form factor was chosen for this reason. I also love how easy and simple direct-connecting for music or audio is. No proprietary cables.

No proprietary batteries either. Just one AAA battery that you can find anywhere in disposable or rechargeable form.

Interesting that you want to hear while taking a nap. I was hearing until 4, and no matter what, I cannot fall asleep if I am hearing something.

When I go swimming, the last thing I would want to do is bring my CI in the water for several reasons...1) Chlorine is corrosive to just about everything, 2) If it comes off my ear, will I be able to find it in a lake or a 10 foot deep public pool? and 3) Electronics & water do not mix, period. I don't care if everyone advertises their CI's as 'water resistant for 30 minutes in 2 feet of water', I ain't putting mine in water, especially when I will have to pay for any repairs caused by misuse.

The pool? Sure you could find that! but I hear you about losing it in something not clear, and water that is moving. From things people have said and the little I've read about it I think when i finally get one I'll be looking at the AB. The waterproof factor is awesome, but i like to boogie board. The Atlantic has been like a lazy old woman the last couple years since Bill came through, hasn't been good boogie boarding in awhile. I'm hoping Sandy fixed that haha. The waves used to come in with some serious force, I don't think I could trust the clip to keep the processor on, hell I had a hard time keeping my bathing suit on!!

I was concerned about my CI when we were in Maui. I didn't wear it even when we were just sitting on the beach. Sand and CI's don't go well together either. I would have liked to be wearing it when I broke my leg in the surf. Hubby went to get help and a lot of people were around talking to me. I was wearing my "deaf pride" t-shirt but nobody got the connection.

I had sand everywhere from falling in the surf. Finally in the ER hubby toweled off my face, ear and hair as best he could and put my CI on so I could somewhat understand what was going on. That would have been a good time for Cochlears little waterproof baggie but they weren't available in the USA yet.

I read about the crazy amount of people that wear the N5 in the bath, pool, lakes and ocean etc (without the cochlear zip bag) and the N5 is not classed as waterproof!

The AB Nepture, I read a few months ago that its now been rated as safe in the ocean with sea salt etc.

Back