Re-Introduction

tbone

Reaction score
I know I have been with AllDeaf.com for quite some time already but would love to re-introduce myself. My name is Ryan and I am hard-of-hearing. I absolutely love learning about Deaf culture and Deaf people.

I'm not your typical ASL student because I'm not doing this for a grade, I am doing this to become more active in the Deaf Community. I want to be apart of your lives and I want you to be apart of my life.

Please feel free to ask me anything! :)

Hello Steinhauer, how are you?

Thanks Rockin Robin! How have you been?

Hi! Are you currently an ASL student? College, HS, what level? It's great that you're getting involved!

Hi! Are you currently an ASL student? College, HS, what level? It's great that you're getting involved!

Yes, I am an ASL 3 student in college.I want to learn as much as I can about the culture and of course, the people. Ever since I started taking ASL courses at the University of Iowa I became more involved outside of class.

Every Thursday, the university holds ASL Club and I try to go to that if my schedule permits. If I don't go to ASL club, then I go to events sponsored by the Cedar Rapids Association for the Deaf which are always awesome! In my mind, it feels like I belong to the Deaf community but others would argue.

You're great people and I love learning about your lives!

Back