Rabbit?

Getting a rabbit? Hmm, I had 17 inches sized rabbits for a long while. I still get asked how I ended up having scars all over my arms. Look out for their claws. They are far worse than cats! My rabbits loved to eat kale, cardboard, and carrot, and refused to eat lettuces. I am telling ya, they did have a mind of its own. I had to have two separate cages due to their sizes. I usually let them roam around backyard for exercise. They sure ate everything, uh, even clothes, and dig holes all the time.

Holy cow! eat clothes?? :shock:

Getting a rabbit? Hmm, I had 17 inches sized rabbits for a long while. I still get asked how I ended up having scars all over my arms. Look out for their claws. They are far worse than cats! My rabbits loved to eat kale, cardboard, and carrot, and refused to eat lettuces. I am telling ya, they did have a mind of its own. I had to have two separate cages due to their sizes. I usually let them roam around backyard for exercise. They sure ate everything, uh, even clothes, and dig holes all the time.

:eek3: You don't trim your rabbit's claws? and your rabbit ate clothes? Wow.

goddam... sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a rabbit. maybe is it because you didn't know how to raise one?

Holy cow! eat clothes?? :shock:

Never ever put clothes next to the cage. I let them keep it for chewing, anyway. *grins* At least, it was a good sign that they chewed on everything to prevent overgrowth teeth.

:eek3: You don't trim your rabbit's claws? and your rabbit ate clothes? Wow.

Rarely. Vet said that my giant rabbits were considered outdoor and active. They were adequately lucky to roam around backyard all day long daily. They loved to dig constantly in the yard. That's how they wear their claws down enough. As they grew older, their personalities became more mellow and relaxed. They did not gouge and kick anymore. They even got along with my cats. Sometimes, they licked (bathed) each other.

goddam... sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with a rabbit. maybe is it because you didn't know how to raise one?

That's all right. I had wonderful experiences with my two rabbits. Taking care of my two rabbits helped me gain my knowledge and experiences.

Rarely. Vet said that my giant rabbits were considered outdoor and active. They were adequately lucky to roam around backyard all day long daily. They loved to dig constantly in the yard. That's how they wear their claws down enough. As they grew older, their personalities became more mellow and relaxed. They did not gouge and kick anymore. They even got along with my cats. Sometimes, they licked (bathed) each other.

Very interesting, I have a rabbit too but he stays indoor and he's scare of my two cats LOL

do you still have a picture of your two rabbits?, I would love to see it. :aw:

Very interesting, I have a rabbit too but he stays indoor and he's scare of my two cats LOL

do you still have a picture of your two rabbits?, I would love to see it. :aw:

Unfortunately, I don't have them with me. I just moved out to Dallas 4 months ago. They're sitting somewhere in the garage of my parents in CA. :(

Haha, Is this rabbit of yours young? How old is he?

lick each other? their tongues are long enough to lick? lol sorry but i'm dumb with rabbits. I have absolutely ZERO knowledge about rabbit except that they eat carrots (yea the stereotype) and hump at like 100 mph.

Unfortunately, I don't have them with me. I just moved out to Dallas 4 months ago. They're sitting somewhere in the garage of my parents in CA. :(

Haha, Is this rabbit of yours young? How old is he?

Aww that's okay. he's about 3 years old, still small, I'll take a picture of him this week sometimes. he's really cute!

lick each other? their tongues are long enough to lick? lol sorry but i'm dumb with rabbits. I have absolutely ZERO knowledge about rabbit except that they eat carrots (yea the stereotype) and hump at like 100 mph.

Yup, they licked each other. Rabbits wipe their mouths and noses with tongues. They love to use a tongue and front paws to bath their faces as if you wash your face with a soap and hands.

My rabbits seemed to prefer kale over lettuce. They ignored lettuce and let it sit and rot. They even dumped pellet poos all over it.

Naw, you are not dumb with rabbits. Taking care of rabbits is easy. Sometimes, You just need to wipe their butts with pellet poos and urine. They tend to stick to their furs.

They do hump fast, but they can't outrun me. They knew I was going to have to put them in the cages for bedtime!

i had a bad experience with rabbit. when I was little - I was leaning down to pet my friend's smelly-ass rabbit.... it bit me hard and bad.... :mad2:

and that was it. my only encounter with rabbit... but certainly not the last! :cool2:

Aww that's okay. he's about 3 years old, still small, I'll take a picture of him this week sometimes. he's really cute!

Ah, he is young. Young rabbits tend to be nervous. Let him develop his personality. Give him time to get used to cats and everything. I'd like to see a picture. :)

i volunteer at humane society and humane society always have rabbits! i love rabbits! i think lop eared rabbits are friendlier than other rabbits. they chew everything! i always bring them the cardboard from toilet paper rolls they like that! i hold one rabbit and he chewed through my sweater. some rabbits like being held but most don't. some rabbits will kiss you and try to groom you. they are very sweet animals. messy but sweet. and their pee smells bad you have to clean cage all the time! its good to have rabbits let out of their cage to excersize and roam around the house but only when you watch! when they get mad they dig. i have never gotten bitten though. when they are happy they do this thing called binky. its when they jump real high and twist their body around. you can look on you tube for video! there lot of videos! i read a lot of books from library about rabbit. it not good to give rabbit too much carrot. they should eat a lot of hay. and you put hay in their litter box so they can eat while they use litter box. when i get my own apartment i hope to get rabbit from humane society. =)

I agree that rabbits are cool and their fur texture is very smooth.

The only turnoff I have about them is their poop, it can be so random..
Watch out for those little balls. Once you step on em, just pray they aren't the sticky form.

hi naisho! yes rabbits poop alot but some are very good litter trained!!! rabbits also have cecotropes. its a poop that has nutrients in it and they eat it from their bums! its very bad if the bunny doesn't eat it. bunny's need it to be healthy. you can find lot of information about rabbit on internet. i like lop eared bunny best!

hm in my experience I've had two rabbits (dwarf and lop) - they are most messiest pet I've ever had - I mean a lot of cleanings after their poops - famous of poopy pet lol. I'd still go for angora - I don't know much about that breed but like you said different is different. I'd love to own an angora - just that having 10+ cats here ...wouldn't be a good idea right now. ;)

still, chaya (the black dwarf I had) was so cuddly and lovable! I miss her. :aw:

Very true :lol: that's why I prefer cats over rabbits... It's less work to do with cats than rabbit...

I clean cat's litter once a day but rabbit, 3 or 4 times a day... :shock:

Rabbit's poops would be less if you limit with raw foods (lettuce, carrots, cabbage) to rabbit... if too much then poops goes more...

I experienced with rabbits when I was a little girl, that's why I don't want to own a rabbit. I find rabbit adorable and cute but it's too much to do with clean rabbit's business 3 or 4 times a day.

typical-chinchilla.jpg

I would love to own chinchilla or ferret but I can't because I have 3 cats...

clothes? :shock:

True, the rabbits don't like to being pick up and carry... I can't stand their claws when I want to pick rabbit up for cuddle... Just leave rabbits alone on the carpet or floor until they come to you themselves. You can pat the rabbit when they are on the carpet or floor, not pick up and carry. That's why I am for cats because I can pick cats up for cuddle because the cats allow it, not rabbit.

Back