quick question

chunkymonkey

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need help! I have the cable for the televison to be hooked up to the TV, but I can not find out where to hook it up. Do I need an adapter or something? I want to use the cable to enhance my listening experience but do not know where to begin

Any suggestions would be helpful

Thank you

Um can you be a bit more specific your post does not make sense. Are you trying to hook your fm system to the tv, CI, direct audio input (FM) ?

I am sorry. I am trying to hook up CI to the tv with the cable given to me by cochlear america. Is that helpful.

Yes that is much more helpful. I, myself, do not have a CI so in that dept u would need a CI user...and I think a few are on and will reply to u now that they know it's CI thats needed to be hooked to the tv. You could also maybe try the cochlear website?

THank you Alicia, I will try the cochlear america website and ask Linn. Didn't think of that myself.

Hi chunky monkey, plug the cable into headset jack. Use the very long one (tv/hifi cable) as it got circuit breaker and is safe to use with plugged in electrical equipment like TV, Hi FI, Computer, the short one (personal Audio cable) is for battery operated one only since it has no circuit breaker useful for Ipod.

Ok

Over the pond, Thank you for your reply I can't seem to find the headset jack on the tv. I can only find things listed like audio, video input and output. Thinking maybe there is a adapter for the audio output. I just don't know. I am technology challenged. It is a big screen tv about 10 years old. I am wondering if that is why I can't find the headset jack

Oh right, Umm have you looked in the manual?? if it's 10 years old perhaps it doesn't have one...

have you looked at side or back of tv?

Do not plug anything in the "audio", instead..find a jack that is labeled "phone".

I have two old TVs and they both have Phone jacks.

If you still can't find it, let me know, maybe we can find the manual online.

My family and looked last night at all of the tvs. none of them have a phone jack or a headset jack. three of the tvs are less than 2 years old. All of the tv's have cable wire jacks.

I want to thank all of your for trying to help me with this matter. I am going to contackt radio shack and see if they have some kind of solution.

Back